[V Suggestion] Despair of the Heart

Jambo

What you think of this virtual card suggestion?:

[V] Despair of the Heart
Permanent-event
Corruption. Playable on a minion character bearing a hero item or a hero character bearing a minion item. The corruption points of the item(s) in question are doubled and the character must make a corruption check at the end of each of his turns. Such items cannot be transferred or stored whilst this card is in play. During his organization phase, the character may tap to attempt to remove this card by making a roll (drawing a #)-if the result is greater than 6, discard this card. Cannot be duplicated on a given character.

:)
Last edited by Jambo on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jambo

I had thought of another variation of this theme:

[V] Despair of the Heart
Permanent-event
Playable on a minion character bearing a hero item or a hero character bearing a minion item. Company vs company combat may always be initiated against this character's company regardless of all other limitations. May not be duplicated on a given company.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I think the first version is kind of strange, because the character can just transfer the item. It might even end up in a different company.... Hard to keep track of this.

It's probably best to play the card on the item. This, however, raises its own problems, because then the card is not a corruption card. It would be possible, then, to play both this and a corruption card on the bearer of the item in question, increasing his CP total by 4, 5, 6, or even 7 CP....

I guess I don't get the thematic idea behind your second version. What does despair have to do with this?
http://www.alfanos.org
Jambo

I've edited the first one to state: "Such items cannot be transferred or stored..."

For the second one, thematically here's a few examples:

Halbarad despairing as he's trudging round with Blazon of the Eye, becoming increasingly evil and twisted at heart...

Or Orcs despairing at having to carry round biter and/or beater, and as a result becoming a target of fellow orcs or vengeful heroes... The orcs hated most prominent hero weapons and proud heroes would have hated to see heirlooms like Aiglos in the hands of the enemy.

It also gives a way for the dwarves to have a pagger over the Arkenstone.. :D
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

It also gives a way for the dwarves to have a pagger over the Arkenstone.. :D
A what?!
http://www.alfanos.org
Jambo

Scottish word for a fight! ;)
Nerdmeetsyou

Maybe it just becomes a permanent event that affects all characters in play:

[V] Despair of the Heart
Permanent-event
All corruption points of hero iteams born by minions and minion iteams born by heros are doubled.
A company bearing such an iteam can be attacked in company Vs Company battle regradles of their allignement.
Cannot be duplicated.

But tell me one thing.... would such a card realy be played???
I have never seen anybody play minon iteams as hero or vice versa...
why should somebody do that?
Leon

Minions can drop under Dol Guldur for Aiglos for 3 points for example. But in general i do not think it is used often enough to make a card for this.

Return to “Showcase”