V Hoard well Searched

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Yes, I'd seen it of course.
-But, I hopefully explained why I like Axe/Shield on it and which changes were made to allow this, a Balrog can't be screwed anymore with the Axe because he doesn't need Usurper anymore (usurper is too time consuming).
-You don't mention card may come from sideboard on HWS, so it comes from hand?
-Balrog can't play it, that's bummer, why not?
-Gold rings are nice only for Perfect Gold-ring, any other gold ring will never be played on it, in fact probably no gold ring will be. Hence, as an enticing idea, option to play non unique ring specials.
-hoard items will not be played on this card, unless to annoy hero opponent.
-in your version, card would be discarded if opponent plays non-unique version of item as well.
-your version in fact does not mention that you may play item from this card.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

thorsten wrote:Place one of the following items with this card from sideboard: The Arkenstone, Necklace of Girion, The Mithril-coat, Ancient Black-axe, Iron-shield of Old, any hoard or gold ring item (except Thong of Fire). Item is considered 'off to the side', it may be played as if from hand, and if it's unique it may only be brought into play during the site phase at any Dwarf-hold (even if site is tapped). Any company containing a Dwarf may play any version of this item at any Dwarf-hold from hand or sideboard: minion companies may play such item only after facing an attack: Dwarves 3@10 (cannot be cancelled). A Balrog company may likewise play item if Lord and Usurper is in play (ignore attack). Item may not be played in the turn this card is played. Discard this card after the succesful play of any version of the item. Cannot be played by a Balrog
-or fallen wizard player.
-on your previous version it also gets discarded after after opponent plays a version of the item
-no idea why not balrog, this came from your previous version
- i need to add that the item may come from sb, thanks for pointing it out
- good thing about hoard items, less wording ;)
- about gold ring items, i like your idea of non-unique special items
- it does mention:
Any company containing a Dwarf may play any version of this item at any Dwarf-hold from this card, hand or sideboard
Last edited by marcos on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcos
Council Member

new shot:
HWS wrote:Minion only. The Arkenstone, Necklace of Girion, The Mithril-coat, Ancient black axe, or a non-unique special ring item may be placed off to the side from sideboard with this card and gives no MPs. Any company may play any version of this item at any Dwarf-hold from this card, hand or sideboard: minion companies may play such item after facing an attack: Dwarves 3@11 (cannot be cancelled), hero companies must contain a dwarf to play it. Item may not be played in the turn this card is played. Discard this card after a version of the item enters play. Cannot be duplicated.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Yes I know it said those things before, but I thought about it and saw no reason anymore to require a dwarf, minions can force their way in. Or if it's non unique, item doesn't have to be discarded if opponent plays it. But this last one can go, it's not that relevant anymore since most non uniques are from the list.
I do still like Iron Shield though, dwarves collect weapons and it's very usable for minions, you don't like it?
And I think that if both players run this strategy, it should be able to duplicate, one for each player, so they can fight each other over who gets which item.

Your version does read more easily, but it does mean that opponent can also play the item from this card, right? That means cards can swap, like Usriev, and opponent doesn't even have to have it in sideboard anymore? Hmm, maybe not bad.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Yes I know it said those things before, but I thought about it and saw no reason anymore to require a dwarf, minions can force their way in. Or if it's non unique, item doesn't have to be discarded if opponent plays it. But this last one can go, it's not that relevant anymore since most non uniques are from the list.
I do still like Iron Shield though, dwarves collect weapons and it's very usable for minions, you don't like it?
And I think that if both players run this strategy, it should be able to duplicate, one for each player, so they can fight each other over who gets which item.

Your version does read more easily, but it does mean that opponent can also play the item from this card, right? That means cards can swap, like Usriev, and opponent doesn't even have to have it in sideboard anymore? Hmm, maybe not bad.
i agre with you on duplicable clause, i didnt think on it in that way :)
About iron shield, i would like unique items only or ring special items, they are like more important and more MPs rewarding, and if we had to include shields then we had to include also that clause in wich HWS doesnt get discarded if opponent plays a shield, etc... That would cramp the card too much in my oppinion. I don't have nothing against iron shield, i like the item, but might it be too powerfull with snaga V?
About cards swapping sides, i didnt do it thinking on that, but now that you put it that way, i also like the idea of changing the controll of the resources :D
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

ok, then leave out Shield, don't know why it would work best with Snaga, can tap the item only once after all, and going down to get it is not more difficult then via this card, I just thought to provide alternative for going down could be nice, like for dragon country based decks, but ok then we keep it uniques and rings only and skip the any version clause, it's easier indeed.
If all comps can play from this card that creates cool benefits but also some drawbacks, while it could be cool if a FW can use a spirit ring he found in some hoard, it does mean competition over the item will become so fierce maybe the minion doesn't want to play this card anymore, especially since any hero with a Dwarf can beat him to it.
But, let's test it like this. :D
marcos
Council Member

we'll see, maybe you can build your hazard deck in a way to prevent opponents to reaching dwarf holds, for example cave worms x3, assassins x3, dror/ fori, etc... So if you build a dedicated deck, then your hero opponent will have a hard time getting into the site :)
marcos
Council Member

so:
HWS wrote:Minion only. The Arkenstone, Necklace of Girion, Mithril-coat, Ancient black axe, or a non-unique special ring item may be placed off to the side from sideboard with this card and gives no MPs. Any company may play any version of this item at any Dwarf-hold from this card, hand or sideboard: minion companies may play such item after facing an attack: Dwarves 3@11 (cannot be cancelled), hero companies must contain a dwarf to play it. Item may not be played in the turn this card is played. Discard this card after a version of the item enters play. Cannot be duplicated by a given player.
am i missing something?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

seems about right, let's book it! you think you can get some flavour text in maybe? :D
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

. . . the legend of the wealth of Thror has not lost in the telling during many years; many are eager for a share of the spoil. --Hob
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Great quote! you got the hobbit memorized or something?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Close. Mainly, I remember something to the effect and then go look it up to get the wording right. :)

Return to “Showcase”