Forming Committees - 2017-2019 Term

the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Hello fellow Council members!

With the passage of the 2018 Charter revision, it is time to officially form committees. Each committee and its responsibilities are outlined in the latest Charter revision on our home page.

As a refresher:
- Each Council member will serve on a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 committees.
- Each committee may have a maximum of 5 members.

I would like your input on which 1 or 2 committees you would prefer to be placed on. It is important for Council members to serve on a committee which:
- They have a passion or interest in that area.
- They have some degree of time to contribute to that area.

I know that 1 year ago we formed committees after the new election, but I am revisiting this topic now because:
- The committee structure is now officially a part of our process as outlined in the Charter.
- The Public Relations Committee and the Game Promoting Committee were combined into a single committee with the new Charter.
- Each member's needs, desires and obligations may have changed since 1 year ago and thus this topic needs to be revisited.

I am going to appoint myself to:
- The Rules Oversight Committee (ROC)
- The Web Initiatives Committee (WIC)

My reasoning:
- I am intimately involved already with the website and forum (updating, administering, moderating, etc) and thus I feel it is very important for continuity for me to be on the WIC.
- The ROC is probably the committee I have the least interest/passion for, however, there is a great amount of work that needs to be done with this committee and I feel it is prudent for me to be part of this group for the next year to ensure things get going on the right track. Essentially, I'm willing to invest the time needed to ensure this committee meets its objectives.

Please reply and let me know which committee(s) you'd like to be on. Please only volunteer for such committee(s) which you feel you are able to actively contribute to.

Thank you for your time and dedication!!

RULES OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
- the Jabberwock
- Shapeshifter
- Thorsten the Traveller
- Jose-san

GAME PROMOTING & PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- cram
- thorondor

DREAM CARDS COMMITTEE
- Vastor Peredhil
- Thorsten the Traveller
- Logain

WEB INITIATIVES COMMITTEE
- the Jabberwock
cram
Ex Council Member

Hi everybody!
I'd like to join the Game Promoting comitee.
Till part of 2017 I was completely disappeared, I kept working as I use to say (in the shadows). Promoting the game, and making our community grow (specially in Spain). More and more players joining us every month.

So part of my job would be:
Making new players know that there is some organisation out there, who want them to enjoy the game, and allows them to contact othere players, assist meetings, or knowing more about rules and new cards projects.
Creating new merchandising (useful or not) for those who want to get different stuff as prizes, and of course supporting any MECCG tournament.
And my main interest for next months is getting more MECCG sealed product and keeping it for a future, allowing new players to find for long, stuff enough to continue playing and increasing their game expansions... Seems difficult, and it is, but not impossible...

Thanks for your job!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i see myself also in the GAME PROMOTING & PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE.
i plan to continue with Lure of ME of course
i iwll keep an eye on Worlds, mostly helping players/groups to organize the event, if help is needed.
i have "collected" many email addresses over all those years, so i will continue to send out messages to the community (with the great help of Dominik).
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

ROC for me, please.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

DCC for me and I would love to get Willam Danchus aka dirhaval on board

yours Nicolai
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

DCC for obvious reasons.

ROC as well. I've never been obsessed with rules issues, but doing the DC projects, one gets confronted with many inconsistencies, shortcomings and problems with the original ICE rules. So, might as well put that experience to good use.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Vastor Peredhil wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 pm DCC for me and I would love to get Willam Danchus aka dirhaval on board

yours Nicolai
The members of any committee may recruit whomever they like to help with their agenda and pursuits, however, only Council Members may serve as official members of a particular committee.

Or are you suggesting that dirhaval be appointed to the Council?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

I will also be creating a forum group for each committee, so that if any Council member or community member wants to Private Message a particular committee, they can just select that group to send to instead of trying to add each member. Once Logain and Jose-san post their preferences, I will finalize this.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

Rules committee, please.
Logain
Ex Council Member

DC please.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thank you everyone!

Committees are now finalized. I have updated the home page to reflect all of the correct committees and their members.

I have also added groups with the appropriate members to the forum, so when you go to send a Private Message, you can send one to all of the members of any committee.

Thanks for your engagement! There is much to be done. :D

Return to “Completed Agenda Items”