CoE session 2017 Agenda

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

new Council is in session, usually first order of business is chosing a new chair. Who's up for it?

I'd do it, but I have noticed my interest is more in developing new formats than in pr, and CoE was a bit dormant last years, so another might be better suited to the task. Just offer yourself up!

on first glance, projects for the new CoE are:
- dealing with card-issues that have arisen
- appointing new NetRep and NetRep team
- new website, new forum, new server
- other media (twitter/Facebook)
- CoE logo
- promoting tournaments
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Hello All -

I will volunteer for the Chair position if nobody else is eager to do it. I believe I am suitable for this position because I am good with communication and I have the energy and ambition to make sure the CoE continues moving forward into the future and does not fall dormant again. As such, I will do my best to keep things on track.

That said, I feel that if Wolfgang is interested, he would make a most excellent Chair! Sorry Wolfgang, don't want to speak for you.... no pressure or anything. =D

Highest Regards,

Gavin
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

I won't run for chairman.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

atm my time is too limited to be a good chairman
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

I also wont run for the chair.
I am sure Gavin will be a fantastic chairman. Very communicative and circumspect, enthusiastic about the game and willing to spend the time necessarry.

My main focus will be (as usually):

organising Lure of ME
support Worlds (if needed)
help with the homepage/forum
acting as the voice of the COE
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I support Gavin as chair, yes he is newly active in the community, but in our email contacts has shown to be both enthusiastic and considerate. Perhaps this president from the US actually helps all of us foreward, otherwise we impeach :-)

anybody else got more agenda points to contribute?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Sure can have my vote, somehow we can share the labour,

we need more GCCG support, table updates and maintaining good or better communication with Josh, who runs the server.

we need to figure out how to include flip cards in the programm, etc, nothing huge to some one with some skills in the field, but small steps help to further make this a better more used tool for the community

yours Nicolai aka Vastor Peredhil a Aerfaroth ;)
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks for the support gentlemen. If confirmed, I will do my utmost not to disappoint. =)

A few additional agenda items that come to mind for the immediate future:

1) Form committees - I have posted a preliminary list of committees and members down below using everyone's nomination posts and areas of stated interest. Please let me know what you guys think of this idea and if you'd like to be moved to a different committee. The benefit to using committees is that 1) Everyone can focus on their primary areas of interest and thus be encouraged to stay active, and 2) It will be easier for a smaller committee to get things done more quickly than the entire council. Then if a major decision is needed, it can be forwarded to the whole council for a vote. I placed everyone on 2 committees except for Logain - who I only read about being interested in the Rules, so Logain please let me know if there is a second committee you would like to be on. I am actively working with Dominik Schonleben on developing the new web page (he's amazing!), but because he isn't a council member, he isn't listed on the Web Initiatives committee with me. So please post with your thoughts on this and if there is a needed committee which I have left out, speak up! =D

2) Revise the Charter (it seems we need to make an amendment to specify how the current council is being formed).

3) Find an Image for the new webpage (any and all ideas welcome; currently looking for one large image/mural which will encompass the entire home page - it needs to be something that is not copyright protected and/or used with permission so that we don't have any legal headaches).

Active Committees
Dream Cards - Eric Dane; Nicolai Willinek; Karsten Gerland
Game Promoting - Nicolai Willinek; Wolfgang Penetsdorfer; Jose San Miguel; Marc Roca
Public Relations - Wolfgang Penetsdorfer; Jose San Miguel; Marc Roca; Gavin Palmer
Rules Oversight - Eric Dane; Ernst Brun; Karsten Gerland
Web Based Initiatives - Gavin Palmer
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

I support Gavin for chair too.

My main interest lies in fixing loopholes in the rules and cards that doesn't work as intented. So I definitely want to be in the rules committee.

I'm not sure about the difference between Game Promoting and Public Relations. FWIW, I'm being very vocal in the Spanish community.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I support Gavin, too.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thank you Jose-San and Shapeshifter for your support!

Jose-San -
Thanks for letting me know about your desire, I am moving you from the Game Promoting committee to the Rules Oversight committee. If you would rather me make a different change, just let me know. Thank you for being vocal in the Spanish community as well! We need that. You are correct, there is certainly a fair amount of overlap between the Public Relations committee and the Game Promoting committee, however, I have envisioned some distinctions based on each committee's primary directives. I have updated the list below with an explanation of the focus areas of each committee to provide further clarification.

Active Committees
Dream Cards - Tasked with development, testing, oversight and production of current and future Dream Cards.
Committee Members: Eric Dane; Nicolai Willinek; Karsten Gerland

Game Promoting - Tasked with organizing and promoting tournaments and other meccg related gatherings and events.
Committee Members: Nicolai Willinek; Wolfgang Penetsdorfer; Marc Roca

Public Relations - Tasked with spreading the word about the CoE and any important updates, rules changes, etc. Acting as ambassadors of the game and of the CoE both to current communities as well as new players, with an emphasis on bringing solidarity and unity to the global meccg community. The CoE is only legitimized if the outside world supports us!
Committee Members: Wolfgang Penetsdorfer; Jose San Miguel; Marc Roca; Gavin Palmer

Rules Oversight - Tasked with appointing an active NetRep to make rulings as necessary, while actively engaging the community to address the current rules and bring forth any recommendations on needed errata and rules changes to the CoE for a vote; tasked with developing some form of a URD and/or other supporting document(s) that can be used as a reference by the meccg community to make meccg more accessible to outsiders and less confusing.
Committee Members: Eric Dane; Ernst Brun; Karsten Gerland; Jose San Miguel

Web Based Initiatives - Tasked with updating and developing the new CoE webpage, ensuring that regular updates occur, and using the web to provide a large # of resources to the meccg community.
Committee Members: Gavin Palmer
Outside Council: Dominik Schonleben

I am soliciting your feedback if you would like to see changes to the Committee structure above and feel that improvements can be made, please let me know!

Most Sincerely,

Gavin
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017, user Logain wrote:
Logain wrote:I also support Gavin, i'm impressed in all he does, good start !
This post has been re-created due to lost data and was originally posted by the author quoted above.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017, user the Jabberwock wrote:
the Jabberwock wrote:Thanks again everyone for your support as Chairman.

I suppose we can make this official then. 7 votes in support, 0 votes against, 1 member did not vote.

I am honored and excited to move forward. There is much work to be done. The Ents are on the move! =D
This post has been re-created due to lost data and was originally posted by the author quoted above.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017, user the Jabberwock wrote:
the Jabberwock wrote:Per my conversation with Logain, he has been added to the Dream Cards committee.

Now each Council Member is on 2 committees.

The Committee Members will be listed on the new web page under the Current Council Members link. So you may be contacted by players from the community who have questions or comments related to your areas of responsibility.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

On Thursday, April 13, 2017, user Thorsten the Traveller wrote:
Thorsten the Traveller wrote:@Chair. So with 7 out of 8 votes Gavin is chosen as Chairman of the Council of Elrond. Hail the new Chair!
we don't need a vice, imo, we'll deal with that issue if/when it would come up.

Return to “Completed Agenda Items”