Appointing a Chairman 2019-2021 Term

the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Dear newly elected Council Members,

For those of you who have served before and are returning for another term: Welcome back! Your dedication to MECCG is most appreciated!

For those of you who are serving for the first time, my sincere thanks for volunteering and getting engaged with the CoE! Your enthusiasm and talents will be needed to steer us forward into the future!

I would also like to say a special thank you to our outgoing Council Members who did not run for re-election: Shapeshifter, Jose-san, and cram. Thank you for all of your contributions over the past two years!

Per our Charter, the first order of business will be to elect a Chairman from among us. It has truly been my honor to serve as Chairman the past two years. My thanks and gratitude to my fellow 2017-2019 Council Members for your trust in me with this role.

We will need someone with energy, passion, and vision to lead us forward the next two years! So if you feel up to the task, please offer yourself up by posting in this topic! I'm prepared to pass the torch, so who wants it!? :D

We have lots of fun (and some work :wink: ) to look forward to over the next two years! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be an aid or resource to you in any way. I truly am...

At Your Service,

Gavin Palmer "the Jabberwock"
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

A couple immediate action items for the new Chairman to oversee will be:

- Assign Council Members to committees.

- Put a Charter revision up to a vote (not overly complicated, but a few changes are needed, see this topic I opened up to the community for input): https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... 118&t=3786
I'm happy to help draft any necessary language.

These two above items will need to be addressed relatively quickly so that committee members can get to work, and so that the ROC has the necessary language in place to move forward with this years ARV.

Yours,

Gavin
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

the Jabberwock wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:08 am Per our Charter, the first order of business will be to elect a Chairman from among us. It has truly been my honor to serve as Chairman the past two years. My thanks and gratitude to my fellow 2017-2019 Council Members for your trust in me with this role.

We will need someone with energy, passion, and vision to lead us forward the next two years! So if you feel up to the task, please offer yourself up by posting in this topic! I'm prepared to pass the torch, so who wants it!? :D
While you offer to pass the torch, that doesnt necessarrily mean that the torch cant stay with you, right?
You really did such an awesome job during the last session, so i would very much like to see some continuation here and nominate you for another period.
Nero
Ex Council Member

I, for one, do not feel up to the task myself and would be perfectly content to retain an experienced, steady hand as chair!

-Oren Darling
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

For me chairman is not an option either, sry, got too much on my plate (finishing NE sending stuff next month, finding a job that pays ;) kids . . . I know these are the same for most, but I do not want to let guys down and not deliver on something

Also I really enjoyed the fresh wind Gavin brought to the position although he did bite of a huge piece of work for himself

still he would be available for a 2nd turn, I would 2nd the vote

yours Nicolai
rezwits
Council Member

thorondor wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:39 pm
the Jabberwock wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:08 am Per our Charter, the first order of business will be to elect a Chairman from among us. It has truly been my honor to serve as Chairman the past two years. My thanks and gratitude to my fellow 2017-2019 Council Members for your trust in me with this role.

While you offer to pass the torch, that doesnt necessarrily mean that the torch cant stay with you, right?
You really did such an awesome job during the last session, so i would very much like to see some continuation here and nominate you for another period.
I definitely agree here. One thing to think about tho if you do run for Chair again, Jab, is you already did MOST of the brute force "transitional" work 18+ months ago. So now you are mainly wrapping up URD?

I would think a (this) 2nd term would be a breeze!

So, I nominate "the Jabberwock" for Chair. :D

[-me_wh-]-PM-ME-IF
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Logain
Ex Council Member

I aggree, the chairman should keep its chair, he did such an amazing work !
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

If Gavin is up for it, I would second nominating him as Chairman session 2019-2021.

He poured in lots of energy, gave direction, let others contribute, gathered support/ideas, and was very approachable. What more could one wish for?

as for committees, I will gladly reprise ROC and DC (Alternate Formats).
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

I agree with the others. I'd like to thank Gavin for his previous, excellent work and would like to encourage him to go for another period!
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

I agree too, there's no reason to change the chairman (unless Gavin doesn't want anymore).
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
rezwits
Council Member

Put me down for:

Web Based Initiatives
and
Dream Cards (as a Hobby initiative)

[-me_wh-]-PM-ME-IF
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

I am certainly flattered by all of the very nice compliments. Thank you guys!

Okay then, since nobody else is eager for the position, I guess I can muster up the charisma to act as Chair for another term.

As all Council Members have now expressed their opinion, this matter will be considered closed.

Moving on, assigning members to committees is next. I will create a new topic for this.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

FYI, I have now moved this topic to the Completed Agenda Items forum. Thank you Council Members for your input.

Return to “Completed Agenda Items”