first GCCG Virtual champ!

Events taking place on online platforms
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Man, I need a dunk to win.... *goes to alter deck*
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

If my luck continues, you'll have a 6-0 by turn two or three, so make sure you can dunk by then. :)
Balin
Ex Council Member

Bert, don't care about it cause Marcos beat me 6-0 :evil:

At least my little Kili ended bearing a nice Dragon Helm and I managed to rescue Galdor from Great Goblin's dirty hands :D

Cool tourney! Thanks everyone for playing!
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Jambo

I watched that game Agus, and I'm just glad I don't have to face Marcos' dedicated Orc hazards with 3x Scimitars and Two or Three Tribes... !
marcos
Council Member

Balin wrote:Bert, don't care about it cause Marcos beat me 6-0 :evil:

At least my little Kili ended bearing a nice Dragon Helm and I managed to rescue Galdor from Great Goblin's dirty hands :D

Cool tourney! Thanks everyone for playing!
My deck did the same as the other matches... Hold on the first turns and then unleash an orc rain or 2 the last turns when his characters ended up wouded (or killed).
Move of the game: long grievous siege on ice orcs played last turn to put rangers of the north back to agus's hand and double my 9 faction points. Final result: 38-18

thanks everyone for playing!

I watched that game Agus, and I'm just glad I don't have to face Marcos' dedicated Orc hazards with 3x Scimitars and Two or Three Tribes... !
my deck was a hazard dedicated deck, you saw that my resource portion didn't scored much points and it was kind of slow. Worked pretty well
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Guys, just a reminder that I would LOVE to have one-paragraph summaries of what your Virtual Decks did, or what strategies you faced. These will be published in the newsletter. Here is an example from BTook. Note that you don't have to give me your opinion on the V-Cards in general, but if you want to, you can. The point of these short summaries is to show players what kinds of cool stuff you can do with these cards.
So far, it's been a positive experience. I'm overjoyed to see people breaking out of old molds and trying some different avatars. The biggest joy is seeing different RWs being used. Also, having to worry about corruption and body checks on Fallen Saruman instead of GI thanks to Never Refuse allowing an active non-warrior avatar has been a refreshing challenge. Minor items are becoming very worthwhile (play Marcos' KuTM deck or my Hero Alatar hunt-happy deck). Creature hazard strategies are becoming viable and strong as opposed to the generic "lots of events" strategies. As I said, a positive experience all around.
Frodo
marcos
Council Member

writing you an email right now :)
Beornd

Hi!

Our last game will be hold at sunday 6 pm (UTC).
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Well I kicked Jambo's ass and still lost 6:0 since I couldn't make a damm body roll

mfg Nicolai
Jambo

Vastor Peredhil wrote:Well I kicked Jambo's ass and still lost 6:0 since I couldn't make a damm body roll

mfg Nicolai
Yep pretty accurate summation. Vastor's Fell Khamul and Hoarmy charged around wounding characters in my large company all game without once managing a bc! Even a wounded Arwen survived Khamul's +2 bc!! ;)

This included a big face off at the end with Saruman who was Powered against the shadow 12 vs Khamul's 11. Again Vastor's rolled bcs failed him at the critical moment. Saruman successfully wrested the Palantir of Osgiliath away from Sauron, reducing Vastor's hand size, and my ent hazards pounded his covert company.

Loads of fun, and the 6-0 could easily have been reversed if Vastor's bcs had produced a different outcome. Khamul Unleashed rules. :)

Tip: Vastor you need a Morgul Blade in there!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Tip: Vastor you need a Morgul Blade in there!
well it is in the sideboard, but your hazards demanded that I tried to keep either The Lady or Chocking Shadows of the table

well it could have been reversed, but what really killed my deck was my 1st turn 4 rolls of <5 when all I needed was a 5 do tie, wasting 2 Swift strokes on that

mfg Nicolai
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

It became a 3-3 between Took and me. In a crazy game....

I killed Saruman, Shagrat.
He corrupted Pallando and Oin.

He got the tree before me
I totally stopped his Smoke in the WInd and rings.

In total it ended up 25/25 for my second draw.

A crazy game... totally crazy.

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Draw between me and Ringbearer 3-3.

Weird game. Saruman died on the second turn, but the modifications I made to the deck enabled me to carry on without a Sorcery-user, so I bulled ahead and got really lucky when Pallando corrupted out.

Ringbearer's creatures wiped out more than just Saruman. They got Shagrat, Lugdush, Radbug, and quite possibly another one I'm forgetting. Lost Mionid to a transfer item cc.

Only got to 25 MPs on the turn I exhausted for the second time. Ringbearer had one more point than me but too many item MPs.

Weird, weird game.

Edit: To give you a further idea, I can't even begin to describe how useful Skies of Fire turned out to be.
Jambo

Lol, sounds great! I really want to know how Skies of Fire became useful! :)
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Wake of War AND Pack before the Door both need doors. Its a bit harder to keep them in play when opponent plays both 2 Skies and 2 Gates.

Also wolves are less dangerous when either Dark or orc Quarrels halve the strikes.

Return to “Online Tournaments”