VII. GCCG Nations Cup 2013 (Planning/Talk)

Events taking place on online platforms
marcos
Council Member

marcos vs kike - today 19:00 ARG/ 24:00 ESP
marcos
Council Member

Agus - Bert: 5-1
Kike - Marcos: 2-4

Winner of Manuel vs Brian gets the glory!
Last edited by marcos on Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:Agus - Bert: 5 - 1
Kike - Marcos: 2-4

Winner of Manuel vs Brian gets the glory!
Just wonderful :?
Last edited by Sauron on Tue May 21, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smaug

Agus - Bert 1- 5 or 5-1 ???????????????????? Missleading information, because of wrong quoting ;-)
I guess it must be 5-1 so

Brian, Manuel, You play today at 11 p.m. right?
marcos
Council Member

Agus won 5-1, I posted it wrong and Brian quoted faster than i can edit typos :lol:
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Smaug wrote:Agus - Bert 1- 5 or 5-1 ???????????????????? Missleading information, because of wrong quoting ;-)
I guess it must be 5-1 so

Brian, Manuel, You play today at 11 p.m. right?
Yes Agustin beat Bert. And yes we play at 11pm Euro time tonight
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Austria and Germany play the other 2 matches?
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Sauron - Manuel 4-2
Last edited by Sauron on Tue May 21, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

peregrin vs thorondor this thursday at 8 pm (+1).
marcos
Council Member

Evil prevails! Flaneltina is champion again! :twisted: :twisted:
Smaug

Congrats Brian, Congrats Flanetina,
great game from your and as well manuel. Was the pleasure to watch it. Unfortuneately I when really sleepy when the decision happened (the rule question regarding foolish words). I am getting old ;-).
It seems you where right, even I am not sure about this ruling because in my eyes foolish does not require the normal conditions for playing an on guard card (if yes I would say you where right, because Mouth was not in play when foolish was played) but the card text says explicit that the card my be played as an on guard and revealed to reduce an influence attempt made during the side phase by a character in the company. I do not see why therefore the character must be in game during m/h, in my eyes foolish can be always played on guard and revealed if an influcence attempt happens. So I would say it is possible to reveal it as well if a character pops up with whctc/chance meeting that was at all not in the company.
Probably I am wrong with both of my standpoints (I am for sure more a playing expert than an rule expert I must admit, not always of last ruling clarifications,... ;-)) but I would like in general that specific card texts are overruling general rulings (like in case of the three troll brothers, they can do untapping things in combat that are normally not possible according to the combat rules).

However I missed the end, so I do not know what exactly was decided/happened, really pitty. It was a real finals game, both players were playing on a very high level with enormous speed in decision making even in difficult situations, a pleasure to see!!!!!

So finally a warm congrats to the whole flanetina team (Marcos, Bert, Brian) to become champion again!

P.S.: Brian: May be we better play our planned game(s) on an weekend, I guess starting at 11 p.m. is obviouly too late for me ;-).

Cheers

Heiner
Manuel
Council Chairman

Smaug wrote: but the card text says explicit that the card my be played as an on guard and revealed to reduce an influence attempt made during the side phase by a character in the company. I do not see why therefore the character must be in game during m/h, in my eyes foolish can be always played on guard and revealed if an influcence attempt happens. So I would say it is possible to reveal it as well if a character pops up with whctc/chance meeting that was at all not in the company.
Probably I am wrong with both of my standpoints (I am for sure more a playing expert than an rule expert I must admit, not always of last ruling clarifications,... ;-)) but I would like in general that specific card texts are overruling general rulings (like in case of the three troll brothers, they can do untapping things in combat that are normally not possible according to the combat rules).

However I missed the end, so I do not know what exactly was decided/happened, really pitty. It was a real finals game, both players were playing on a very high level with enormous speed in decision making even in difficult situations, a pleasure to see!!!!!
Thank you for watching Heiner! =D

In the end it was ruled that I couldn't reveal Foolish Words on guard. That allowed Brian to play the Ice Orcs and Long Grievous Siege over Bree so my Rangers of the North would get bounced, turning the result from Manuel 28 : Sauron 19 at the start of the turn to Sauron 28 : Manuel 25. However, this rule decission didn't matter that much in the end, because Gloin rolled snake eyes during the council and went away with his Durin's Axe (I played a Friend or Three on him so it was only snake eyes that would make him be corrupted)

It was a really nice game and pretty well played by the both of us, I'd say. A worthy final, in my opinion. So, congrats con the win, thank you everyone for playing and see you all next year! [-me_ccc-]
www.meccg.com
Smaug

Hi Manuel,

thx for the info!

I do not want to raise rule question here that are for sure somewhere already answered/clarified but I am interested in how the GI thing is handled. I know that the GI is calculated end of orga phase. If gislulf comes in (As in your game) under DI of Sauron he does not count against GI even when Sauron goes back to hand afterwards. So far so good, I am fine with that.
But when you play whct I wonder if the GI has not recalculated again in order to decide if Sauron is playable?! Does this mean as well the otherway round if lets say I start with Umagaur and Burthakaur and Buthrakaur is discarded during m/h that I can not play Bolg with whctc because I would exceed the calculated 18 GI from movement end of orga phase?

Cheers

Heiner
marcos
Council Member

I believe the 3 games were worthy for a final. I think we gave the crowd a nice show :D
The level of team Spain is amazing, i really enjoyed playing.

@Heiner's question, i believe there is a difference between controlling a character with DI and GI. When a character controlled by GI leaves game by any means it stops using that GI, on the other hand a character that is controlled by DI won't use any GI until next org phase if the character controlling him leaves play.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

edited
Last edited by Sauron on Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Online Tournaments”