V. GCCG Nations Cup 2011 (Planning/Talk)

Events taking place on online platforms
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Grats Spain well fought,

Send me your addresses and I'll mail you out 1 pack each of Japanese Dragons, Japanese Wizard (Unl), Japanese DM, and English White Hand.

-Sauron!
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Finally they shake off the eternal 2nd name and take their place in the winners circle.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Balin
Ex Council Member

Thank you guys. This time, I believe we deserved it :D
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Muad'Dib

Congrats for Spain, especially for Agus (was very patient ;) ). Good Carambor was stopped and i dont care because of Brian's mistake ;)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Muad'Dib wrote:Congrats for Spain, especially for Agus (was very patient ;) ). Good Carambor was stopped and i dont care because of Brian's mistake ;)
Yes I am only human. And technically it didn't get stopped, I just failed a die roll. It still managed to double exhaust and give the opponent only 1 turn. I just failed my faction dice roll.
Manuel
Council Chairman

I remember telling somebody after my final game with Marcos, in which I lost by 2 MPs, that the fact that I was losing at the finals would probably mean that my teammates would win (since in the other three finals I won and they lost) I am very happy I was right about that :D And also happy Carambor didn't win Nations Cup ;-)
www.meccg.com
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Manuel wrote:I remember telling somebody after my final game with Marcos, in which I lost by 2 MPs, that the fact that I was losing at the finals would probably mean that my teammates would win (since in the other three finals I won and they lost) I am very happy I was right about that :D And also happy Carambor didn't win Nations Cup ;-)
Yeah yeah :P You owe me a match Manuel you promised!

Agustin, Manuel and Enrique I need your mailing addresses if you want prizes or you can donate them back into the prize pool.
Manuel
Council Chairman

Sauron wrote:
Manuel wrote:I remember telling somebody after my final game with Marcos, in which I lost by 2 MPs, that the fact that I was losing at the finals would probably mean that my teammates would win (since in the other three finals I won and they lost) I am very happy I was right about that :D And also happy Carambor didn't win Nations Cup ;-)

Agustin, Manuel and Enrique I need your mailing addresses if you want prizes or you can donate them back into the prize pool.
If you are playing Carambor I don't think I want to play against you ;-) Otherwise, yes, of course!

Agus told me he already sent you his adress, and that you would send his package and mine to that direction; that's fine for me.
www.meccg.com
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Manuel wrote:
Sauron wrote:

If you are playing Carambor I don't think I want to play against you ;-) Otherwise, yes, of course!

Agus told me he already sent you his adress, and that you would send his package and mine to that direction; that's fine for me.
Once I hear from Enrique I'll send em out. And Manuel only if you played Hero, but I know you played FW so no it's not Carambor. Any pro should know you only play Carambor vs hero, duh :P
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

As expected team France finished last. :)
But it doesn't matter because we still had fun while playing. 8)
At least we are not too ridiculous because we scored some points. :wink:

I hope some new nations, which team doesn't feel very competitive like us, will no more be shy and show up next year !
Come on, this will be a hard battle for last place ! [-me_ccc-]

See you next year !
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Small report of tournament.
I played with "Kingly Wedding" deck (see http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =54&t=1710).

First round was against Wolfgang (thorondor) for Austria.
We had exactly the same resource deck !
We kept thus influencing each other resource, and game was very slow (5 hours !)
Game was very tight save for end when I took a serious advantage and called council (25-17).
Victory was very close but Wolfgang made a perfect last turn, particularly by influencing my Knights of Dol Amroth.
I finally lost 21-25.

Second round was against Martin (peregrin) for Germany who played Balrog.
Victory was already undoubtly for Martin on second turn !
First turn : Arwen killed, Imrahil and Damrod wounded, Saruman and Aragorn tapped.
Second turn : Imrahil and Damrod go to Minas Tirith for healing (with Houses of Healing)
Meanwhile, Saruman and Aragorn, having each the Cram of wounded fellows, fight auto-attack at Glittering Caves (2@10 with Unabated in Malice).
Saruman rolled 3 ... and Aragorn too !!! "Fortunately" they are only wounded, and avoid after CvCC thanks to Dark Quarrels.
Thrid turn : Ioreth enters play in Minas Tirith, makes Marvels Told and for cc rolled 2 !
Thus nobody in Minas Tirith and Houses of Healing discarded ...
Meanwhile, Saruman and Aragorn are locked to Glittering Caves 2 turns because of Beorning Skin-changers, avoiding another CvCC thanks to Flatter a Foe.
Only last turn was very good with 8 MPs scored.
I finally lost 14-34 !

Last round was against Miguel (Mados) for Poland/Spain.
We had again some resource identical.
Miguel played the White Tree whereas I played a crowned Aragorn with a mortal Arwen.
My deck run very well.
Game ended with a deserved tie 28-28.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
marcos
Council Member

Nice report! Thanks for participating. Hope more teams will follow your example!
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

I need to apologize to the Spanish team, I haven't yet sent the prizes out, I've been a bit busy with life. I'm going to try to get them out this week. Again I'm sorry guys, soon I promise!
Balin
Ex Council Member

No problem!
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Sorry about the lateness, but the prizes have been shipped out. Enjoy folks!

Return to “Online Tournaments”