Fallen-wizard Sealed League Cup 2009

Events taking place on online platforms
wigy

Alter Tuk wrote:I got angry about the Austrians, who conceded their last bronze-game which cost me one or two lots for the lottery....
Hmm? I haven't been told. I paired as usual and you have game with beornd1963? Other game is DQ, since opponent did /sealed end. Pairing is based on last round wizards.
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

wigy wrote:I paired as usual and you have game with beornd1963? Other game is DQ, since opponent did /sealed end. Pairing is based on last round wizards.
Thats alright. I could convince Bernd to play with me a final game. We will agree on wizards.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
zirilan

wigy wrote:
zirilan wrote:It's a pity that such cheating-taktic users are not disqualified and allowed to play further in named tournament, shame on such players.
Cheating is defined as not playing according to rules. Nobody made any protests begfore tournament and now it is kind of late for this event.

More interesting question is how mature is that someone who has lost, threatens to use physical violence against opponent if they ever meet IRL? I don't need to think long how eager i am paying tickets such violent person lacking impulse control. I am going to transfer all tickets to Ulli from you.
1st: You did not change the rules to kick out cheaters from the tournament, because they are fellow finish people.

2nd: You DID change the rules by taking away my tickets and give them to fellow finish guy Ulli.

3rd: Your words to me "fuck you" while witness were online too, was an insult to me, so far to mature behavior by yourself.

4th: Whoever throws dirt on my shield of honor has to be sure, I'll wash it clean on his costs.

So we see you do change RULES if you like to, and only to your own will, be proud of it.
wigy

I explicitly state in the lottery rules that i can change them WHENEVER i want. That was well thought precaution.
zirilan

wigy wrote:I explicitly state in the lottery rules that i can change them WHENEVER i want. That was well thought precaution.
Exactly, thats why a finish guy will win this lottery. Time will tell me right, just remember this line here and think about it after the lottery ended.
wigy

zirilan wrote:
wigy wrote:I explicitly state in the lottery rules that i can change them WHENEVER i want. That was well thought precaution.
Exactly, thats why a finish guy will win this lottery. Time will tell me right, just remember this line here and think about it after the lottery ended.
If the do, so what? It is my money.

(For others to know: everyone who got tickets and haven't been taken away, are very welcome to my guest. I like you.)

It seems that every time i organize something and people get arguments about it escalates to me and my rulings. I think i have to make conclusion about that and stop doing it. One more event than then the server will go down. I am tired of this shit.
Trossell

Beornd wrote:
(and i don´t speak about the used deck )
Once more - I don´t meant the Carambor-Deck.

We wanted to play on Monday evening at the same time. But our opponennts don´t accept this - now we know why. The Carambor-Deck only works if you know the other result and that was the confidence trick.
Sorry but if you wanted to play on Monday you didn't tell me anything about it. I asked on Friday if Sunday evening would be good for you and you agreed. After that, our teammates were fluctuating between Sunday/Monday evening, which was agreed to be played on Monday so that the games wouldn't have to be played at the same time. And I can assure you the decision to play Carambor in the other game was not affected by the result of our game, since it would have been played in any case and would have tried to get 2-0 (or even 3-0 with a little bit more risk) if it had played first.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
-David Hume-
Trossell

Oops, so you asked me by private mail on Friday noon that you'd like to play on Monday. Sorry, my bad, I don't log on too often to this forum and checked my inbox only a moment ago :oops: .
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
-David Hume-
marcos
Council Member

zirilan wrote:
that is not correct, i am winning the lottery :lol:
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

wigy wrote:It seems that every time i organize something and people get arguments about it escalates to me and my rulings. I think i have to make conclusion about that and stop doing it. One more event than then the server will go down. I am tired of this shit.
Dont forget that the majority loves your tournament and the discussion about the carambor trick deck is far older than the fwsl!
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
wigy

Alter Tuk wrote: Dont forget that the majority loves your tournament and the discussion about the carambor trick deck is far older than the fwsl!
Don't forget that you get shit on your face almost every time. (I don't recall details, but didn't you get your fair share as well when you tried to be active and provide something yourself?). Anyway, i know exactly why Wim left this crap. I've been feeling the same for years, but haven't given up yet. It has been cumulating over years and i keep asking why in the hell i should waste time for this, when there is so many things to do, which are much easier.

(Reason is obviously those fantastic people over there, not those who calls your wife baboon.)

Nevertheless, i'll finish what i have started. Champs are on schedule. Peregrin is in (took a copy of his data today) and can play "proxy" - i can verify if someone wants to raise an issue. FWSCC is on way (still need 1 fw and 2 minion players). I also need someone to arrange me neutral table so that whiners have no saying to actual lottery. If nobody is organizing it - i cancel lottery.
marcos
Council Member

Nevertheless, i'll finish what i have started. Champs are on schedule. Peregrin is in (took a copy of his data today) and can play "proxy" - i can verify if someone wants to raise an issue. FWSCC is on way (still need 1 fw and 2 minion players). I also need someone to arrange me neutral table so that whiners have no saying to actual lottery. If nobody is organizing it - i cancel lottery.
i could help you with the table stuff if you teach me how to do it
wigy

marcos wrote: i could help you with the table stuff if you teach me how to do it
But if you win, someone can start throwing shit on your face, because it was your table and you are probably CHEATING.
Marric
Ex Council Member

And just to add my two worthless cents:

Everyone outside complaining about how wigy does things should not forget that HE was the one who provided us with this pretty piece of software and that completely free of charge. If he decides to spent his money for raffling off cards for FIFA WC 2010 (which aren't cheap at all, just to remember), he should be allowed to do this in ANY way he likes to do. If you don't agree with that, don't take part...

Oh, and not to forget providing maintenance and development for over 5(?) years (also free of charge).

As far as it concerns me, it also helps keeping in touch with the game, playing an occasional game here and there and keeping contact with all these cool people out there.

So as a summary: THANK YOU, WIGY, FOR ALL WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!!!

But that's only my oppinion (but I hope many out there agree with me...)

Yours,

Markus
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

wigy wrote:
marcos wrote: i could help you with the table stuff if you teach me how to do it
But if you win, someone can start throwing shit on your face, because it was your table and you are probably CHEATING.
Hey, man . . . I love you. :)

P.S. And I haven't won anything worth mentioning ever. :)

Return to “Online Tournaments”