2022 Halfling Open Tournament

Events taking place on online platforms
DamienX207
Council Member

Hi everybody,

Registration is now open for a Highlander-style "Halfling" format tournament event. Registration deadline will be September 30th at 11:59pm ET, but note that you can register now while you build your deck(s) (i.e. deck list is not necessary to register, but will be required prior to starting your first game). Round pairings will be in roughly 10-day intervals, so that we can finish before the subsequent Hero World Cup tournament that will be commencing at the end of November. Games will be played on Cardnum.

To clarify what "Halfling" format entails:
Players must follow standard tournament deck-building rules for 2-deck game format, BUT using only 1 copy of any given card between deck, sideboard, and character pool, with the following exceptions:
- You may include up to 3 avatar cards in your deck, per standard tournament rules (meaning not 3 different avatars, etc.). Hero-aligned players may also include substitute avatars in their Fallen-wizard sideboard to swap in if playing against Fallen-wizard using the same avatar.
- You may include 3 copies of a single non-unique resource of your choice.
- You may include 2 copies of a single non-unique resource of your choice.
- You may include 3 copies of a single non-unique hazard of your choice.
- You may include 2 copies of a single non-unique hazard of your choice.
- Location deck follows standard tourmanent rules (i.e. multiple copies of havens are acceptable, etc.)
- Other than the above exceptions, only 1 copy of any named card may be included in your deck + sideboard + character pool (including minor items and stage resources for draft, and regardless of expansion i.e. METW and MELE cards with the same name are considered the same card, etc.)

Please see our dedicated thread for more information: https://discord.com/channels/6880583535 ... 1323226183
And send me your Cardnum name if you want to register (though I will note that I'd prefer that you send to me on Discord)!

Return to “Online Tournaments”