Gencon Tournament Report

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Once again we had a fairly decent showing for MECCG at Gencon this year! Thursday night, we had 8 players gather for a Hero Sealed event. Unfortunately I didn't write down his last name, but a gentleman named Jason took home first place, with Andrew Sitte and Chad Martin coming in 2nd and 3rd respectively. While I came in 7th, I consider it a minor victory that I was able to get Wormsbane in play each game!

Saturday morning, Joe Bisz and I hosted our annual ARDA event which brought 10 players to the table (12 including Joe and myself)! I taught a table of beginners with my more basic (less-modded) ARDA set, while Joe played a great game with some more veteran players. The biggest surprise for us came at the end when they were figuring out the winner. One of the players made the comment "this is such a great game - I'm so glad I created it." Joe was about to correct him by saying "Actually, I made it" but then looked at his name badge - Coleman Charlton. Coleman was the co-founder of Iron Crown Enterprises and had an instrumental role in bringing MECCG to life! He is now employed by Mayfair Games. What an honor to have a legend like that at one of our events!
Mordakai
Council Member

What an honour, no doubt. I hope you asked him for some card signing...
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Please tell me you took the opportunity to get some clarification on issues which have haunted the NetRep board for years. :lol:
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

btw: colemon is registered here on the board. if you find out who he is, you can contact him. but better do not, cause it may drive him off the board again ;-)

Return to “Everything Else”