DC First Folk pre-release tournament

Events taking place on online platforms
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

C'mon guys, ease up on the negativity, clearly you do not remember your first ever games in meccg, which took hours and in which 100 mistakes were made. :wink:
counting helm of fear only one mp even there is nowhere in the dc rules (or? I found no rule like that!) that it is only worth 1 mp
now you're just being unfair and have a selective memory, cause not only is it in the rules, but I told you so myself when you were constructing your deck, and you were telling me how good it would be to play this item at a Dol Guldur...

We made a simple rule stating all cards playable only at a haven are worth 1 MP max. The only issue here is whether it is still playable at B-dur. It is tricky, cause this item promotes active RW decks so we like to see it more played, but it is also 2 MP of course. If we skip the Mordor rules (which we just might), then it will sink back into oblivion again.

The rule about non-combat attacks (rock falls, lava flows, traps) is of course in the rules file, see appendix. We did not want to repeat "weapons do not modify and cannot be cancelled" etc. on every card, thus we made a rule about it.

We do our best to design a clear game, and we appreciate any effort of you guys testing it, giving us feedback. But to do that, it is important to make a sharp analisis, and not mix facts up.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Beornd

Smaug wrote:
Beornd wrote:4 hour battle is quite to long :-/

Heiner vs. Beornd 25 : 30

Agree 4 hours are too much, making DC tournaments not my favourite I guess.

Espacially if even then rule violations may have decided the game (espacially using the 2 miner pick items even they are weapons against rock fall for 3 attacks at the beginning of the game or counting helm of fear only one mp even there is nowhere in the dc rules (or? I found no rule like that!) that it is only worth 1 mp (that would have shorten the game by 1 hour because i would have called!)

Furthermore it was you who played very slow (and wrong, e.g. ignoring the bane several times) the first 2 hours, not me!! (pitty we played not with a chess clock!)

However, this game was not too much fun, we had much nicer games in the past.

But to clarify one thing:
In normal online games I am one of the fastest players meanwhile I am quite sure. But with the new cards and new rules it is of course tricky. Either you except everything the opponent plays (even if it is wrong, not discarding old grundge after defeating an attack is an other example of the game) or you ask/check if it is possible/correct to play (like me checking strom crow!)

Cheers

Heiner

Hey Heiner - we should renember our quite nice live battles in the past and not about one complex game with new rules an new cards. Basicly 4 hour is too long - nobody is in the mood to concentrate such a long time online and thats all what i meant. Most of the time we discussed rules and cards and with alex with had a 3rd "player" (judge), who gave as decision too.

Eric is right, we play this games not to win a tournament but rather to win experience on DC.

At the end a small disappointment about discussing basic rules - multiple haven cards on companies ...... :D
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Heck, my game might have gone on longer except for the rules argument where I had to convince donepi that he is allowed one roll for each copy of his dunk card. :)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
zirilan

Bandobras Took wrote:Heck, my game might have gone on longer except for the rules argument where I had to convince donepi that he is allowed one roll for each copy of his dunk card. :)
And I thought real DC Players never play "Rolled down to the sea".
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Not Rolled; each copy of a dunk card triggers one roll for the victory condition.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Smaug

Hey Heiner - we should renember our quite nice live battles in the past and not about one complex game with new rules an new cards. Basicly 4 hour is too long - nobody is in the mood to concentrate such a long time online and thats all what i meant. Most of the time we discussed rules and cards and with alex with had a 3rd "player" (judge), who gave as decision too.

Eric is right, we play this games not to win a tournament but rather to win experience on DC.

At the end a small disappointment about discussing basic rules - multiple haven cards on companies ...... :D[/quote]

Sure, no problem.

Concering the basic rules to mention: Still there are a lot of cards and new rules in DC that hit squatter decks (auto attack from adjactant sides and as well short rest decks/ run and drop deck (e.g. not duplicate short rest or new hazard that allows only 2 cards draw per turn (hit dark tryst). That is why I wondered about the "basic rules" you mentioned are legal in dc, because both parts you mentioned where for sure in dicussion to be errataed even for normal games (and i did not know the outcome) so I think they were may be errataed for the DC games (would at least follow one main idea of the DC concept).I will not go into more details at the moment in order not to give away infos about your deck as long as the tournament is still on going.

Anyway I just wanted to be clarify that it was not for me playing slow that the game took so long, had the feeling that was the hidden message of your first message. If not ok, no problem with that.

cheers

Heiner
Makinal

Luis 37 - Jose 16

Elrond is King
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

round 3:

Fernando vs. Eric
Bernd vs. Luis
Heiner vs. Ben
Franck vs. Mario
Jose vs. Tomi
Bert vs. Nico
Rafal vs. Karsten

last 6 players paired thus to avoid same avatar games (3x Thranduil)
unfortunately this could not be avoided for Fernando vs. Eric :(

play games before Wednesday 26-9 18.00 pm CET
Last edited by Thorsten the Traveller on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

dude, I know you love my double, but why do I get to play twice? vs bert & vs Rafal?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

That's because you're the man everybody loves to beat :wink:
well, that's what you get for having to do pairing at 1.30 am because of late games. We best make Alex tourney director, he can stay up until 5 without problems.
fixed it.
zirilan

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: he can stay up until 5 without problems.
fixed it.
Vampires laught about staying up until 5 :D
And it is an naughty, evilish laught :twisted:

Dear Players, please announce your games in advance. In gernal I am around 22:30 till open end to record your games.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

I already played vs Heiner round 1 ...
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

If Frank did play Heiner yet, we might need to break these pairings up:
Heiner vs. Franck
Ben vs. Mario
That way not all guys get a new opponent
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yes, those 4 were in one pair group already, I just wanted to avoid Mario vs. Heiner because of minion vs. minion, forgetting Franck had played Heiner already.
so, once more, fixed it.
Nknma
Ex Council Member

Tomppa - Jose-san 2-4. Tight game to the end, doubled misc. points turned draw in to my loss.

Return to “Online Tournaments”