FWSLC 2012 talk and pool

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.

Time of event

Poll ended at Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:33 am

September
14%
October
71%
November
No votes
December
14%

Total votes: 7
Muad'Dib

fisilva1 wrote:Hi guys:

Is there anyone still looking for a partner for playing?
You still have a time to find a teammate ;) I need to know wizards and teams till sunday for pairings
Smaug wrote:Qestion: Till when we have to finish deck buildung and letting you know which FW(s) we will play?
I just need to know your wizards before pairings. Deck can be built later, but before your game :)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
karmi

Regretfully me and wigy must cancel our submission to the event because of lack of time. Evil undone.
Muad'Dib

karmi wrote:Regretfully me and wigy must cancel our submission to the event because of lack of time. Evil undone.
Too bad :(
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
Smaug

Hi Pawel,

we had some rule discusssion just online concerning the playing of hidden haven as starting stage card:

Summary:

1. When HH is played the satrting side that HH should be used for as to be played immediatly with it. If the opponent drafts HH at the same time and with the identical side, both HH bounces (like characters even it is non unique.

2. If HH is played with the Ruins version of the White towers the opponent can not use the haven version of White Towers as starting side.

Can you please rule if this is correct for the tournament?

Cheers

Heiner
Beornd

1. When HH is played the satrting side that HH should be used for as to be played immediatly with it. If the opponent drafts HH at the same time and with the identical side, both HH bounces (like characters even it is non unique.

2. If HH is played with the Ruins version of the White towers the opponent can not use the haven version of White Towers as starting side.
Do´nt want to forstall Pawel but

1)CRF 55 ***  If Hidden Haven is drafted as a starting stage card, your starting
site is chosen at that time, before the next card is drafted.  If both
players draft Hidden Haven at the same time, then both players
immediately draft their starting sites.  If both players draft the same
site, then Hideen Haven is placed out of play, but each player must
stick with their chosen starting site.  Note that that particular copy
of Hidden Haven is out of play and cannot be played on any site.

2) Yes - it´s the same like chambers in the royal court on Rhosgobel.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Removed from play?
man did they invent crappy stuff back in the day. Just because something bounces it must be removed from the game...
All the more reason to play dc, we can address this nonsense :D
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

If we get uneven domse and I could drop, too. Im having a long week and know for sure that I cant play this week nor at the week-end due to job issues. Deckbuilding is a problem, too.

Otherwise domse is Rada and I´m Pal.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
Smaug

Beornd wrote:

1)CRF 55 *** If Hidden Haven is drafted as a starting stage card, your starting
site is chosen at that time, before the next card is drafted. If both
immediately draft their starting sites. If both players draft the same
stick with their chosen starting site. Note that that particular copy

THX Bernd,

since there is an official CRF on that, I think everything is clearfied. Even I wonder why the players can not put the HH into the deck (like bounced characters), seems unlogic because I thought for the character draft stage cards are treated like characters!

Cheers

Heiner
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Once people start to lack the time to play one sealed game, we must truly worry for the future of the game :|
Beornd

Smaug wrote:
Beornd wrote:

1)CRF 55 *** If Hidden Haven is drafted as a starting stage card, your starting
site is chosen at that time, before the next card is drafted. If both
immediately draft their starting sites. If both players draft the same
stick with their chosen starting site. Note that that particular copy

THX Bernd,

since there is an official CRF on that, I think everything is clearfied. Even I wonder why the players can not put the HH into the deck (like bounced characters), seems unlogic because I thought for the character draft stage cards are treated like characters!

Cheers

Heiner
Took writes in his Rule Document:

Hidden Haven
● If both players reveal this as a starting stage card, on the same site, at the same time, it is set
aside, and may not be played on that site by either player until the game begins. (CRF)

Editor's Note: This CRF ruling unfortunately gives no indication for the method of playing the
card on the site. It's off to the side, not in your hand, and the CRF prevents the card from being
shuffled into your play deck (though treated as a character for the purposes of the draft, it remains a
non-character card). In the absence of a clearly defined method, it is up to the tournament organizer
to decide whether to allow the play of Hidden Haven at all, or under what conditions subject to the
limitations provided in the rules.
Muad'Dib

Sorry guys but i have some serious personal problems and cant organize FWSLC now. If somebody can take care of it, let me know via email or here i will send grouping, pairings etc everything is ready to play just somebody have to do all my work.
Beornd

i was busy this week and wanted to start my game this weekend but i think nobody is in the mood or have time to organize them - including me :oops:. So my question is it canceled or only postponed?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well, Pawel has sent me the pairing and list of avatars.

But, thanks to the overwhelming (and disappointing) silence following his announcement, I will wait until tomorrow evening to do a pairing.

For with the drop of team Pol1 we are now 9, and I'd like to make sure nobody else drops before making the groups.
We can then start round 1, from monday 15 till wednesday 24.
Mordan

checked!
marcos
Council Member

no dropping here, and guessing Bert won't do it either.

Return to “Everything Else”