Time Limit in Nations Cup

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.

Do we need a time limit in Nations Cup?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Yeah, man!
50%
No, dude!
50%

Total votes: 20
miguel
Ex NetRep

Sauron wrote:Next time we play miguel, I'll take 60 mins for my 1st turn and you take 3. Then we'll see what a big deal it is.
I don't play with people who would do that, thanks anyway.

ZOMG did the horse just move?!??

Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

miguel wrote:
Sauron wrote:Next time we play miguel, I'll take 60 mins for my 1st turn and you take 3. Then we'll see what a big deal it is.

Oh that's right that would require you to actually play ;)
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Sauron wrote:
miguel wrote:

Oh that's right that would require you to actually play ;)
Slam...
Dunk...

Score...
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
HeXDrake

miguel wrote:

And that is the sad portion of all of this. Ppl just stop attending or become neglicent and throw 1-liners whenever they feel like it.

I really don't know what's the big deal about taking this matter into closer evaluation. All the sudden things are just flamed up. Why in the god's name ppl don't react like this when it comes to erratas and rulings and making expansion sets?

Is Judge/Player- behaviour a taboo or something so ppl can throw verbal bombs at each other? And all this happens online so it is too easy to be black-and-white while pushing the narcissism- button on.

If played at competitive level all games should have means to repair its flaws no matter how stubborn, whiny or progressive the players are.

Just my two cents.
"Why do I get to be Mr. Pink?" --Mr. Pink
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

HeXDrake wrote:And that is the sad portion of all of this. Ppl just stop attending or become neglicent and throw 1-liners whenever they feel like it.
I don't know if you realize it, but miguel and I are friends and we're just ribbing each other.
HeXDrake

Sauron wrote:
HeXDrake wrote:And that is the sad portion of all of this. Ppl just stop attending or become neglicent and throw 1-liners whenever they feel like it.
I don't know if you realize it, but miguel and I are friends and we're just ribbing each other.
Oh i know, it's not just the 2 of u, used it as an example. However, the result is that imo.
miguel
Ex NetRep

HeXDrake wrote: And that is the sad portion of all of this. Ppl just stop attending or become neglicent and throw 1-liners whenever they feel like it.
This thread was about a time limit for Nations Cup 2009. The tournament is already underway, so there's really nothing further to discuss about that.
HeXDrake wrote:I really don't know what's the big deal about taking this matter into closer evaluation.
Taking what into closer evaluation? That some people take more time during a game than others? That some people might stall to gain an advantage (at a timed event) or to annoy the opponent? If you feel something other than the time limit for NC '09 needs to be discussed, please start a new thread for it.
HeXDrake wrote:Is Judge/Player- behaviour a taboo or something so ppl can throw verbal bombs at each other?
Judge/Player- behaviour? Now you've lost me.
HeXDrake wrote:If played at competitive level all games should have means to repair its flaws no matter how stubborn, whiny or progressive the players are.
Sometimes the flaw is in the player, not the game.
HeXDrake

miguel wrote:
HeXDrake wrote: And that is the sad portion of all of this. Ppl just stop attending or become neglicent and throw 1-liners whenever they feel like it.
This thread was about a time limit for Nations Cup 2009. The tournament is already underway, so there's really nothing further to discuss about that.
HeXDrake wrote:I really don't know what's the big deal about taking this matter into closer evaluation.
Taking what into closer evaluation? That some people take more time during a game than others? That some people might stall to gain an advantage (at a timed event) or to annoy the opponent? If you feel something other than the time limit for NC '09 needs to be discussed, please start a new thread for it.
HeXDrake wrote:Is Judge/Player- behaviour a taboo or something so ppl can throw verbal bombs at each other?
Judge/Player- behaviour? Now you've lost me.
HeXDrake wrote:If played at competitive level all games should have means to repair its flaws no matter how stubborn, whiny or progressive the players are.
Sometimes the flaw is in the player, not the game.
I was so sure about getting nothing but WALL from miguel that i even planned those texts ahead. The statement AND the answer in same package, ahh the smell of roses is nice during winter.

Return to “Everything Else”