GCCG section access

Reports & requests which have been resolved are archived here.
Mordakai
Council Member

First of all, thanks Gavin for your inmense work with the forum. Really appreciated.

Regarding Gamer's Gauntlet -> GCCG, I'm receiving the following error message: You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum

any idea of why is this section restricted? and even more, any news from GCCG server? The community in Spain is really hoping for getting it back soon...

Thanks
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Mordakai wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 4:21 pm First of all, thanks Gavin for your inmense work with the forum. Really appreciated.

Regarding Gamer's Gauntlet -> GCCG, I'm receiving the following error message: You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum

any idea of why is this section restricted? and even more, any news from GCCG server? The community in Spain is really hoping for getting it back soon...

Thanks
Thank you very much for your expression of gratitude. I have put many hours into this and will put many more and your comment really means a lot to me. =) I must also give recognition to Dominik Schonleben who is hosting the new web page and forum for us and has put in a tremendous amount of work as well with helping me get the new home page setup and getting the old forum imported into the updated, new software.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the issue you were having of not being able to view the GCCG forum. I had no idea. In order to troubleshoot this, I had to log in to the forum with an alternate account and sure enough, I was unable to view that forum as well. Additionally, there were 3 other forums I couldn't view. While I'm not entirely sure how that happened, I did go in and reset the forum permissions for those 4 affected forums. I then tested again with my alternate account and was able to view all of them. SO... this problem should be fixed. Please let me know if you have any further difficulties.

As for the GCCG server.... so far as I know, the GCCG server was hosted by the same gentleman who hosted our home page, our forums, the meccg.net webpage, and possibly some others. This gentleman's server was hacked back in late April and everything went offline. After that happened, he transferred (as was previously planned) the councilofelrond.org domain and the forum database over to us, where it is now directly controlled by the acting Council. I have not been involved with GCCG because I have never used it and all of my efforts have been put into the new home page and the new forums. That said, I do know that GCCG is very important to many members of our community. Because of this, I will look into having the GCCG server transferred over to our control as well, to ensure it can be maintained and kept online and accessible. Please bear in mind, I don't know any of the techincal details of GCCG or what is involved in running this software, so I will need to make some inquiries about this.
I will post an update once I have some additional info.

Humbly Yours,

Gavin
Mordakai
Council Member

GCCG forum us now accessible for me, thanks a lot. And regarding GCCG moving to the new server, that would be simply awesome. Thanks for your offer, I'm pretty sure that the community will look that movement as a true commitment from the CoE to keep the game alive.

Again, thanks, Gavin.

Best regards.
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Mordakai wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:52 pm GCCG forum us now accessible for me, thanks a lot. And regarding GCCG moving to the new server, that would be simply awesome. Thanks for your offer, I'm pretty sure that the community will look that movement as a true commitment from the CoE to keep the game alive.

Again, thanks, Gavin.

Best regards.
Hi Mordakai,

You are very welcome! Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Here is an update on GCCG:

First, I inquired with our current (new) web host about us running GCCG directly. He told me that he is willing to look into it, but not until the forum project is complete (there are still a number of bugs that need to be fixed with the new forum and he doesn't want to start a new project before finishing the current one). I completely understand and support his opinion. Also, please keep in mind this isn't a commitment from us to take over GCCG, but rather a promise to investigate the possibility. With neither of us knowing anything about GCCG, we will need to see what cost, resources and technical knowledge are required to run GCCG ourselves before we can commit to transferring it to our control. I hope you and other GCCG users understand this position.

Next, I reached out to the gentleman who hosts GCCG currently (who also was our old host for the home page and forum). He has been very busy, but he did reply to me and tell me that he will try to work on GCCG this week. Hopefully he will have success doing this and it will be back online soon. That way it can still be used until we can investigate possibly transferring it over to us long term in the future.

I am moving this thread to the Resolved Reports / Requests forum now because I fixed the issue of no access to the GCCG forum, and the GCCG server issue is out of my direct hands and control at this time. I will update on the GCCG server issue when I receive more information.

Best,

Gavin

Return to “Resolved Reports / Requests”