My offers for the four rarest cards.

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
cardcollector

1.Japanese Fury of The Iron Crown - A good price
2.Japanese Black Arrow - A good price
3.Dutch Fatty Bolger - ? Euros
4.Dutch Test of Form (without the gold stamp) - ? Euros

Willing to negotiate on price.
Last edited by cardcollector on Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cardcollector

My offers to buy other rare cards.
5.Taschendieb - ? Euros
6.Test of Form (with gold stamp) - ? Euros
7.Japanese The One Ring - Limited ? Euros/Unlimited ? Euros
8.French double sided Merry/Fatty Bolger - ? Euros
Last edited by cardcollector on Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cardcollector

I have made two successful purchases so far directly through paypal after the posting of this thread. If you are looking to sell any of the cards on this list, please let me know. I am also open to negotiating on price if you have another price in mind.
Lake Town Geezer

Cardcollector

It is interesting that the Japanese One Ring is counted as one of the rarest cards in your list of ultra-rares. In theory it is no rarer than the other Japanese Wizards Ltd rares? I guess it is a case though of supply and demand: I know some folks want to collect the One Ring in all the languages. I feel the same way about Galadriel to be honest - the Japanese Galadriel especially seems to be in high demand and hard to find. I would love to have one myself - even more than a Japanese One ring. I also know many folks like to collect the 9 Nazgul in all the languages.

LTG
cardcollector

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:52 pm Cardcollector

It is interesting that the Japanese One Ring is counted as one of the rarest cards in your list of ultra-rares. In theory it is no rarer than the other Japanese Wizards Ltd rares? I guess it is a case though of supply and demand: I know some folks want to collect the One Ring in all the languages. I feel the same way about Galadriel to be honest - the Japanese Galadriel especially seems to be in high demand and hard to find. I would love to have one myself - even more than a Japanese One ring. I also know many folks like to collect the 9 Nazgul in all the languages.

LTG

Hi LTG, you are correct. I have also probably not fully found out the most desired cards also. Just from what I have heard previously about the Japanese The One Ring being considered a top tier card. It may be the case that the Japanese Galadriel is more highly valued by others or perhaps this will be the case in the future if not now. Supply and demand as you say.
cardcollector

Two more successful purchases. Still looking to buy.
Osarious

Sent several PMs. Let me know if still interested, cardcollector.
Lake Town Geezer

Card Collector et al

Genuine question: What is the rarest 'One Ring' in the game?

I agree the Japanese is the most valuable/desired, but is it the rarest?

To estimate this I would take the population of the countries where the language is spoken for each version of the Wizards? Now Japan has a population of 126M. This is why there were japanese language sets for Wizards Ltd, UL, Dragons, DM.

However using this logic, for me, the rarest One Ring would be the Finnish One Ring. Why? Finland has a population of just 5.5M - about half the population of London. Further, Finnish is not spoken in any other country.

As a plus, Tolkien scholars know that Quenya* is based heavily on Finnish (JRRT loved the language). So, for me, seeing that Finnish text on the card is as close to seeing Elvish as it gets (shame there is no Welsh** set TBH - would love to see one).

LTG

(*Also could argue German and Latin (Italian) influences, but Finnish is the closest).
(**Sindarin).
cardcollector

Hi, I am sorry to have not replied sooner. Have been away for a while.

I will still buy some cards.

Best wishes.
cardcollector

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:26 am Card Collector et al

Genuine question: What is the rarest 'One Ring' in the game?

I agree the Japanese is the most valuable/desired, but is it the rarest?

To estimate this I would take the population of the countries where the language is spoken for each version of the Wizards? Now Japan has a population of 126M. This is why there were japanese language sets for Wizards Ltd, UL, Dragons, DM.

However using this logic, for me, the rarest One Ring would be the Finnish One Ring. Why? Finland has a population of just 5.5M - about half the population of London. Further, Finnish is not spoken in any other country.

As a plus, Tolkien scholars know that Quenya* is based heavily on Finnish (JRRT loved the language). So, for me, seeing that Finnish text on the card is as close to seeing Elvish as it gets (shame there is no Welsh** set TBH - would love to see one).

LTG

(*Also could argue German and Latin (Italian) influences, but Finnish is the closest).
(**Sindarin).
You may be right on that, when searching for cards that were the most rare I came across a lot of posts mentioning the Japanese One Ring but none mentioning the Finnish one. My thinking has been based purely on old forum posts, which did lead to me buying out a ton of the Spanish 5 alternative artwork cards. I then found out that they were not as rare as people previously thought and a lot more supply of them had been discovered subsequently. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some cards out there that are a lot more rare than the ones most people consider rarer at this time. As MECCG cards have not received much attention from the wider market, comprehensive understanding of what is rare etc is still to be attained. That is not to say we do not already know a fair amount.
Lake Town Geezer

Thanks. I guess time will tell.

I recently managed to complete Finnish Wizards set. I must admit, it is a really great looking set - my favourite set even!

(p.s. I have a spare Finnish One Ring if you want one).
cardcollector

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:33 pm Thanks. I guess time will tell.

I recently managed to complete Finnish Wizards set. I must admit, it is a really great looking set - my favourite set even!

(p.s. I have a spare Finnish One Ring if you want one).
Good work! And I appreciate the offer, I will keep learning and if it is indeed top 10 rarity or so I would be interested I think.
Best wishes.
Lake Town Geezer

Sure, PM if you ever want one. I check in here every month or so at least.

I am collecting art and books more than the cards now. Love the Finnish set, completed all the English set, so really very happy. I especially like the elf character cards for some reason, Would happily trade a Finnish One Ring for a Japanese Galadriel if you ever have a spare.

Good luck with your search for the Legendary Jap Fury!

Return to “The Marketplace”