Cards for Sale (One Ring - Ithil Stone - Dark Tryst - Sauron - Strider...)

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
DwaR_Of_WaW

Hi all,

thanks to the wise advices I get here, here is an edited list of cards for sale:

I traded and bought and sold cards here among the years : you can check the forum to find the feedback I had

05/2023 Cleaned

THE WIZARDS
:arrow: ENGLISH
Arwen unlim. : 3€ (2 in stock)
Bilbo lim. : 8€ (3 in stock)
Bilbo unlim. : 6€ (3 in stock)
Cirdan unlim. : 2€
Daelomin unlim. : 2€
:arrow: FRENCH
Arwen : 4€
Assassin : 15€
Cirdan : 4€
Frodon : 5€ (3 in stock)
Galadriel : 7€ (5 in stock)
Les Nazguls sont sortis (The Nazguls are abroad) : 3€ (2 in stock)
Nenya : 7€
Vilya : 4€
:arrow: SPANISH
Bilbo (Unico) : 6€
El Ojo de Sauron : 2€
:arrow: GERMAN
Bilbo : 6€ (4 in stock)
Der Wille Saurons : 8€
Frodo : 5€ (2 in stock)

The DRAGONS
Emerald of the mariner : 5€ (4 in stock)
Itangast : 4€
:arrow: JAPANESE
Earcaraxe : 8€
Emeraude du marin (Emerald of the mariner) : 4€ (2 in stock)
Itangast : 4€
Scatha : 3€
Scorba : 3€

DARK MINIONS
Gems of Arda : 5€
Una tertulia inesperada (An unexpected party): 3€
Aiglos : 5€ (2 in stock)
Germas de Arda (Gems of Arda) : 4€
Aiglos : 6€
Galadriels Phiole : 5€
Gemmes d'Arda (Gems of Arda) : 6€
Veines d'Arda (Veins of Arda) : 4€

THE LIDLESS EYE
Akhorahil the Ringwraith : 2€
Dwar the Ringwraith : 2€
Khamul the Ringwraith : 2€
L'Anneau Unique (The One Ring) : 12€

AGAINST THE SHADOW
Dark Tryst : 20€ (2 in stock)
The Ithil-Stone : 100€
Lorien (minion) + Grey Havens (minion) + Rivendell (minion) : 3 cards : 9€
The Great Eye (X 3) : 3 cards : 11€
The Ithil-Stone (Der Ithilstein) : 22€
Cita Oscura (Dark tryst) : 3€ (2 in stock)

THE BALROG
Sauron + 2 X The Balrog : 100€

Thanks for reading !
Last edited by DwaR_Of_WaW on Sat May 13, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 99 times in total.
dakerjohn

I’m afraid that, as a pretty new member of the MECCG community, I don’t have any advice about selling your collection—except to say what you probably already know, which is that you’ll probably net more if you don’t sell it as one big lot (at the cost of more patience and effort, which might not be worth the additional income for you).

I do have a question, though: what is the Drinking Game?
DwaR_Of_WaW

Hi and thank you for answer as I am only getting private messages saying "I want this one, and this one" :wink:

I know selling one by one would make more money, but it would also be a sad feeling to see the rarest cards go away in 1 week and the other waiting for years to find a buyer :roll:
Besides, I'm only hoping to convert those cards into music material, and I am totally disconnected from this game : should I ask for 200€ / 500€ / 700€ or 1000€ ?
If we're talking about big money, I think it's fair for the buyer to feel that he makes a great deal !

About the drinking game : it comes from some trades from years ago, I think that's some kind of game played during tournements, just for fun.
I think there are people here who would know better than me.

Thank you for your answer once again, :D
CDavis7M

That is quite the random mix of cards you have there. All rares have some value, and you have plenty that "good" rares, and even a few that are "great/valuable." But, the mix is so random... its not a set... it's just a lot of copies of a few specific cards...

Just for perspective, an American with a decent collection looking at this list sees:

Cirdan 1 Eng unlim
Frodo 1 Eng lim, 1 Eng unlim
Galadriel 6 Eng lim,
Bilbo 16 – 4 Eng lim, 3 Eng unlim,
The One Ring 15 – 5 Eng lim, 2 Eng unlim
Assassin 9 – 3 Eng lim, 1 Eng unlim
The Nazgul are abroad 4 – 1 Eng lim
Witch king of Angmar 2 – Eng lim
Khamul the Easterling 1 – Eng lim
Dwar of Waw 1 – Eng unlim
Hoarmurath of Dir 1 – Eng unlim
Adunaphel 1 – Eng unlim
Ren the Unclean 1 – Eng unlim
The Will of Sauron 6 – 2 Eng lim
Emerald of the Mariner 6
Aiglos
The Ithil-Stone 4 – 3 Eng
The Great Eye 3 – Eng
Sauron 2
Strider 1

ehhh...

Assassin 9 – 3 Eng lim, 1 Eng unlim
Adunaphel 1 – Eng unlim
Ren the Unclean 1 – Eng unlim
The Ithil-Stone 4 – 3 Eng
Sauron 2
Strider 1

So, that is why no one wants to buy it as a lot. It's very difficult to value the lot, and the lot would have different value to different people. I think the lot is certainly worth 200 given those above. 1000 would maybe only be possible if you somehow found dozens of different people to pay $5-10 per rare, with more for the valuable ones.

500 maybe given the individual prices of cards like Ithil stone, Sauron, and Strider. You could sell those for $40-80 without issue. These cards have sold for that or more, but you can see them listed at a higher price, and be unsold.

You might have better luck splitting those off and then selling the rest as a lot.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

@dakerjohn:
here is al ittle bit more info on the Drinking Game Cards:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2518
Kjeld

You might want to split them by language, at least, as CMDavis suggests.

In the US, the French LE cards, for example, won't have much demand. But an English lot with a bunch of Assassins and a couple other decent METW rares might sell.

I'd recommend selling the three copies of The Ithil-Stone separately (and individually) as there's a really good market for R1s -- in the US, you might be able to get between $75 and $100 a piece for those.

You could sell the copies of Sauron and Strider individually as well, though they'd also bundle OK with the other English cards and would fetch a pretty decent price, maybe $200 or a little more if someone's really interested in those specific cards. Individually they'd probably add up to around $350 or $400, but it would likely take a long time to sell them all.
DwaR_Of_WaW

> Kjeld
> CDavis7M

That's so nice to read good advices on the matter, thank you so much ! Your explanation really makes sense and I think I got some clues here !

I'll try to take the time to split some cards and follow your advices !!!

JustinBH also explained to me that "There's a thorough tracking of sale prices of cards on an MECCG Facebook page", so I'll check that too !

It's great to see that there are helping people !
CDavis7M

DwaR_Of_WaW wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:04 pm JustinBH also explained to me that "There's a thorough tracking of sale prices of cards on an MECCG Facebook page", so I'll check that too !
Yes, Jan Kees over on the FB group has been keeping records. I find that his list is mostly accurate with what I've seen and experienced. Though, there are a few cards that are off base, at least Dark Tryst last I checked. I also remember him mentioning something about French cards being difficult due to selling as a fixed lot... not sure what was going on with them though.

Here is the direct link to Jan's guide: https://www.facebook.com/groups/6301243 ... 591818472/

I agree with what Kjeld said. Good luck with your sale.
astronaut1980

Sauron is selling for a fortune on eBay, I'd put up the rarer cards on eBay at slightly lower than everyone else and just wait for the buyers to bite.

Ithil stone, Sauron and strider could net $300 or more. I bought an ithil stone from USA for $100 recently.

Also
Assassin $30
One ring $25
Mouth $15

As said before, read the price guide. And don't make the same mistake I made....Dark tryst is worth anywhere between $10-$20 even though it's a common.
Kjeld

Prices on Ebay have gone nuts!
DwaR_Of_WaW

Once again, I thank all of you for the advices you gave !
DwaR_Of_WaW

Edited the post to avoid multiple posts : now I ordered the cards by language with prices :wink:
Cinemamonkey

Highly recommend. Just received cards purchased and they were in the condition described and packaged well. Thank you!
TheMoth

Received a small batch of purchased cards yesterday, all safely packed and looking great. Great communication with DwaR_Of_WaW/Mathieu, highly recommended!
BilboBaggins

PM sent ;)

Return to “The Marketplace”