[FO] Looking for the value of a MECCG Gift Set

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
domus_ludorum

I am selling a few items of MECCG stuff over on Boardgamegeek but haven't priced most of it up, figuring I would do so if and when anyone expressed an interest in any of the items. Someone is asking about the Gift set I am offering - it's the one in the big box, with map and bigger rulebook, hobbit figs and dice. Everything is in very good condition but I think all the card items have been opened but all are present. I have no idea what to ask for this as I can't see any that have been on ebay recently and none of the MECCG sellers that I am aware of (although my knowledge of these is from 15 or so years ago).

Anyone got any idea what I should be looking for?
Thanks.
JJ3

i sent you a PM !!
JJ3

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"
CDavis7M

I have seen a few of these sell.
$120+ for a sealed box, maybe $150. Maybe more depending on the buyer. I've seen a sealed Gift Box sell for $125+.
$40-80 for an opened set. The dice are fairly valuable on their own. I think they could easily sell for $20, likely more. Having the cards adds some value as well, especially if there were "good" rares in there. I've seen these sell all over the place depending on condition (busted box, nothing inside, etc).

I don't believe the Gift Box came with a map though. My maps are separate and don't fit into the gift box. A map would add to the value.
Kjeld

Are the dice red or gray? There's been a glut of gray dice recently, and so their value isn't that high right now (maybe more like $8-10 for a pair). Red might fetch $15-20.
domus_ludorum

Thanks for the replies so far.
I have retrieved the Gift Box from storage as I couldn't recall exactly what it contained - I remember doing an inventory on it at one stage and everything that should be in it was, but it looks like I have put a number of other starter decks and cards in as well for storage (includes what I think are a couple of sealed fixed portions of Lidless Eye starter decks) - so it might be a challenge working out what is what. It has been a while since I collected this stuff and was up to speed with what everything is. As the cards are all open I will check what the rares are to make sure there is the right number.

A couple of things

- The dice are grey, I'm pretty sure they are the originals despite red ones being depicted on the bottom of the box.
- There is a map which is included in the contents list and is four fold to fit in the box and measures 37x27cm approx.
- 2 hobbit figs one blue one metalic brown (ish)
- There are three A5 booklets - Rules, Tips and a card list booklet for all cards Wizards thru Minions.
- Box condition is excellent and cards are unplayed with - I've only ever played with my Challenge decks. :oops:
d_fens

I am looking for Gift Set. I don't really care about cards, I'm only interested in the box and accessories.

Normally Gift Set comes with two Wizards starters, 4 Wizards boosters, 2 Dragons boosters and 2 Dark Minions boosters. So if you found MELE cards inside, those are definitely not from that box.

PM sent.
panotxa

Hi! I’m the guy that contacted you in BGG interested in the box/gift set (and I presume that made you come here eventually) ;)

I can give you my opinion on the price too if you want :P
domus_ludorum

@Panotxa - will message you back on Boardgamegeek - I knwo my way around better over there.
domus_ludorum

All - I have had a few contacts around buying the set, both here and on Boardgamegeek (they may all be overlaps - not sure) , thanks for the input and the queries - I will offer to the original person who contacted me on BGG but if that falls through will post again here.

Cheers

Return to “The Marketplace”