SOLD OUT - Custom Avatar-specific Dice

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Looks cool!

I'll take a pair of each avatar available.
I'll also offer to ship to others in Netherlands, and meet up semi-regularly with people in Belgium/Germany

I assume you have the latest Elf/Dwarflord templates (see cardnum)? We can easily devise runes for Dwarflords, if that's the problem, or just add a Khazad rune for all 4 of them (assuming there's a colour for each available).

Shipping dice should be a walk in the park compared to shipping 10kg boxes of cards across the pond :-)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
CDavis7M

Thorsten, I appreciate your offer to help distribute. I'll take you up on it.

As far as DC Lords, I'll look more into it after these orders are shipped out. But know that it will likely be impossible to get multiple different greens and different grey/golds for Elves and Dwarves.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

CDavis7M

These are the prototypes for all 6 dice. A "set" will be a pair of each. These colors are the best I could do. Trust me. I like all of them and love most of them. I'll update the main post later

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... ea170a.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... 35c7e5.jpg
Last edited by CDavis7M on Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darksatin

You can send my set of dice to Thorsten the Traveller ...
tyhjaarpa

Wondering why you choose the 6 side instead of 1 side? To me it would make more sense to have it on 1 side. Nonetheless those dice look pretty cool.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
CDavis7M

tyhjaarpa wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:21 pm Wondering why you choose the 6 side instead of 1 side? To me it would make more sense to have it on 1 side. Nonetheless those dice look pretty cool.
I choose the 6-side because of the mechanics of Middle Earth. The "6" is not necessarily a "success" in this game, but it is still indicative of a good roll. Just like the "1" is not necessarily a "failure" but it is indicative of a bad roll. Hence why ICE put the Lidless Eye [-me_eye-] [-me_eye-] on the "1," because Sauron's Eye is a bad thing and it indicates bad rolls (e.g., potential corruption check failure). If I even see a 1 [-me_eye-] during my corruption check I tense up as my eyes look to the second dice settling. So, that's why I chose the "6" to place the Wizard's runes, which are a "good" thing. I wouldn't want Gandalf's signature G to indicate failure.

Still, if you prefer the dice to have symbols on the 1 side, I have left the image files that I made available here. And I left a link to Chessex custom ordering. The contact there is friendly and can help you get your own order going. The minimum is only 10. Note that different color options may be available for the 1-side vs the 6-side as I believe that they are pre-manufactured with a particular side being blank.

Another player asked whether the dice are "balanced." And I would guess that they are not, as I believe that all pip'd dice (round indentations) are not truly balanced. For what it's worth, this reasoning means that the ICE dice are not balanced either.
Last edited by CDavis7M on Wed May 08, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CDavis7M

I have updated and consolidated the first post in this thread. I have included a list of pending orders. If you wanted to make an order and are not listed there, please post again.
rezwits
Council Member

Forget that, put um on the 6, if you want 1 use the LE dice right? This gives us "options"

I feel the exact same about the colors, love some like some, the only difference would be which ones I love and like versus yours haha!

Laters...

n.b. DANG Thorstens right tho about Dwarflords and Elflords hmm... I would say don't get too complicated, but hey what about Dragons (Yellow/Gold?) and Atani (Yellow)!!
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
CDavis7M

rezwits wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:11 pm Forget that, put um on the 6, if you want 1 use the LE dice right? This gives us "options"
Personally, when playing Gandalf, I was using the Games Workshop G-Rune dice to make my combat rolls and influence rolls (anything where higher is better). And then I had my red ICE dice with the [-me_eye-][-me_eye-] to make corruption checks. More complicated but I was having fun rolling dice that way. And here we are.
Uwe

Hi Davies,i would take a set.So a pair of each.They look great.Uwe
CDavis7M

I updated the original post with some shipping information:

$7.90 to US Zipcode for USPS Priority Mail 2-Day Small Flat Rate Box (maybe it holds 10 sets?)
~$4.81 across the US for First-Class Package Service - Retail (Maybe 1-3 sets? Using envelopes with dice, which will likely be calculated at the parcel/package rate. It could be closer to half this price if I can get the envelope rate.)

$36.70 to Germany/Netherlands/Spain for Priority Mail International® Small Flat Rate Box (maybe it holds 10 sets? Maybe more if I don't separate the sets in individual bags)
$24.00 to Germany/Netherlands/Spain for a box via First-Class Package International Service (1lb /450g, which is several sets? I'm not sure. And I'll need to provide packaging)
$14.25 to Germany/Netherlands/Spain for First-Class Package International Service (8oz /225g, which is a few sets? maybe? And I provide packaging)
The "medium" flat-rate box is $71.75, which is pretty ridiculous.

The USPS flat-rate boxes are easy for me (which is preferable... for me). But they are not economical for a single set of dice. One problem with Dice is that I probably won't be able to get the "envelope" rate even by shipping in envelopes (due to the bulkiness and rigidity of dice). I'll have to pay the "package/box" rate which is twice as much.
Last edited by CDavis7M on Wed May 08, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Theo

CDavis7M wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:45 am
Theo wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:47 am I'd also like to propose:
* an additional iridescent dice pair for Fallen Saruman.
* (if possible) phosphorescent dice for the Ringwraiths, in the manner of these dice circa 2016.
Unfortunately, this is just not possible. Not only are these colors not available from Chessex, but the colors used for custom dice are more limited than their entire range, and what is available/in stock is even more limited.
Both of the images I linked were Chessex dice. I imagine they would remake them for sufficient money, but our order is a trifle.

@rezwits, if the images are accurate, these are counter-clockwise 1-2-3 dice.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
meaglyn

I'd take 2 sets please. U.S.

Thanks! Those look great.
gollum51

Hi.
Thanks a lot for creating this great project.

I would like to place an order too (including Lords if they are available). I am based in France but I regularly meet with Thorsten so you can post my order to him if it is easier for you.

Cheers.
H.
CDavis7M

I would really prefer to combine the shipping to Europe. So thanks to Thorsten for his offer to help and I hope everyone is OK with him handling this. I'll hopefully combine some of the US orders as well.

Also, it seems like there is plenty of support for the DC Lords. I have some ideas but I'll make a separate thread for it after we place this order.

Return to “The Marketplace”