SOLD OUT - Custom Avatar-specific Dice

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
CDavis7M

Guys, I will be accurately filing out the customs forms. Not only for my sake, but I don't think +25% in taxes would be worth compromising the shipment on your end.

But if anyone has gifts or promotional hobby stuff to mail, I am willing to receive it :)
Theo

Since the Euro and US factions both have >25 dice orders, another (easier for Chris and possibly cheaper) option is for the Euro folks to organize their own order direct from Chessex.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
CDavis7M

Yes, I would really really appreciate it if one of the European players would offer to handle the European orders.

I will handle the North American, South American, Asian, African, Aus/NZ, and Antarctican orders.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

CDavis7M wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 pm I have only had to pay customs myself once years ago (a jacket from England). In that case, I was billed weeks later by the shipping company (FedEx). And it was a significant amount of money. I have also ordered stuff from international sellers via eBay and have not had to pay any customs/duty fees. I have no idea what will happen, but customs taxes are a possibility. And they will need to be paid by you guys (the receiver).

Here is an estimator for customs taxes -- https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
(although this calculator says I would not have had to pay any customs/duty fees for ordering a jacket from the United Kingdom?)
I've been billed a few times by FedEx for processing packages through customs. I'm not sure if what you were billed was similar to mine, but so far as I can tell, the import tax was relatively small (percentage wise), but they also charged me a fee for processing the packages through customs (meaning FedEx takes money in addition to the government). The tax may have been small, however, due to the fact the contents were originally created in the USA.
tyhjaarpa

Also it should be cheaper to ship one lot to Europe and have it distributed here but would cause the guy in this end to have more work.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
Muad'Dib

Maybe there is option to buy together (to get better price) and Chessex will ship to diffrent locations? I think it can be the best option. Can you ask them about that CDavis7M? You dont want to work with too many packages but it shouldnt be problem for them to send 10-15 packages.

And i ask you to put me in Thorten's group, he is ok with that :)

I can contact directly Chessex for polish order to make it easier for everyone.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
CDavis7M

Everyone, I have talked to Chessex and it is not possible to ship shipment or payment while still receiving the discount. I will be open and honest here. The prices from Chessex for each color/design are listed on their website, that I linked above (http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Custom_Dice_Home.htm):

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
200-499 dice: $0.50 per side
500 + dice: $0.42 per side

70 sets is 140 dice of each color is $0.60 per dice. Which 6 orders of 140 is $504 +$40 sales tax + $20-40 in shipping. Bottom line, this is just too much money for me to have on the line here. International shipping is more of a headache the more I look into it. Invoices and customs forms, difficulty in determining packaging, weight, costs, etc etc. And my possibility of not being paid for orders later. I can't do all this while still selling at my cost, and I don't want to become a merchant. So I just can't do it.

There is a cutoff in the pricing you can see. 80 dice x $0.75 = $60 = 100 dice x $0.60. And the U.S. orders are at 70 dice each color/design (35 pairs). So I could just bump up the order to 80 (40 pairs), and then 100 dice (50 pairs) is the same price. And that way, there will be extras left over from the U.S. players, probably 15-20 sets that I could mail to Europe. I will mail 1 package of however many sets, likely to Thorsten as he has offered to distribute to his playgroup. If international shipping is smooth and there are still sets left, I will consider shipping more.

If anyone wants to setup their own order with Chessex directly, PM with your email address and I will set you up with my contact there to order the dice. Each separate order will have its own separate pricing according to the list above.
Yegor

"So much for joy, Thorin Oakenshield"

I'm so glad I kept my head sober and stayed out of this.

You have all the calculations, why can't you just collect money for the dice from everyone, then order the dice, and when you get them, find out the shipping costs and collect again. Pretty complex, but still working. I'm sure all those wanting the dice are very much thankful and obliged to you, and they can pay a couple of extra bucks or euros.

"While there is life, there is hope" (or, "where there is a whip, there is a way")

To all you poor European souls who can't have enough of unofficial stuff :lol:

There IS a way to send dice from US rather cheaply to Ukraine, though all would depend on the weight. First to a forwarding company in NJ, and then by airmail to me.

But the bad thing is I don't need these dice (no offence). And, moreover, you can't pay me by Paypal. So, unless someone wants to pay me a visit and get the dice to distribute them later, just ignore this post. And by someone I mean, say, Pawel, who leaves closest to me - there is a flight from Warsaw to Kiev (actually, I should say Kyiv) and to Zapo, which is even closer - some 2 hours bus-ride. Or Wolfgang, as there is a direct flight from Wien to Dnipro. And I still have some 8+ liters of recently distilled moonshine :oops: And you can't say no to that :wink:
Or anyone else, who'll do it for the party. You're all welcome.
CDavis7M

Cool story bro.
Yegor

Doing my best.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I also have friends from the states who now live in Europe, who would be willing to have it shipped to their parents to bring stuff along, we are not talking about kilos here, right=?

yours Nicolai
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Dice don't weigh much, typically, no more than 5 grams per die. So 20 sets of 12 dice would weigh about 1 kg.
Don't know prices in US, but from Netherlands to US that's 25 euros. Even if it's 40 euros including the box, that's 2,00 per set. I doubt anybody would consider that a problem, so I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about shipping costs.
Now, customs could add up, if it's 25% of 200 euros, but it's still within limits per set.

About money, most of the people involved here we know personally. No doubt we can manage to pay up front.
Otherwise, a 1 set per person policy could also reduce the total sum.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
CDavis7M

Guys, I placed the order for 50 sets. Manufacturing estimate is 8 weeks.

The rune images are saved at Chessex and it will be easy to create any additional orders if anyone wants to go that route. I can help you do this or you can also place are order without me using the saved files at Chessex or by using the image files posted here.

Like I said, I will still have dice to ship internationally. I will get back to you guys individually later on.
Elros

CDavis7M wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:49 pm ...
International shipping is more of a headache the more I look into it. Invoices and customs forms, difficulty in determining packaging, weight, costs, etc etc. And my possibility of not being paid for orders later. I can't do all this while still selling at my cost, and I don't want to become a merchant. So I just can't do it.
Hi CDavis7M,

It's Ok. Those are a pretty cool dice, but at least from my side do not feel pressure. If I can get them good, but it is not a must.

Those shipping costs are pretty high, unfortunately I have no experience at all in shipping, so no help from my side :(
CDavis7M

Elros wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:35 pm
CDavis7M wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:49 pm ...
International shipping is more of a headache the more I look into it. Invoices and customs forms, difficulty in determining packaging, weight, costs, etc etc. And my possibility of not being paid for orders later. I can't do all this while still selling at my cost, and I don't want to become a merchant. So I just can't do it.
Hi CDavis7M,

It's Ok. Those are a pretty cool dice, but at least from my side do not feel pressure. If I can get them good, but it is not a must.

Those shipping costs are pretty high, unfortunately I have no experience at all in shipping, so no help from my side :(
Elros, just to be clear -- I ordered fewer dice because I did not feel comfortable with having so much money outstanding and needing to do multiple payments and back and forth with internationally players due to unknown shipping costs.

However, when I get the dice, I will make a shipment and get familiar with the process. That should let me more accurately estimate shipping costs and the difficulty of the process. I will update you and the others once I know more (which will be ~3 months from now).

Return to “The Marketplace”