SOLD OUT - Custom Avatar-specific Dice

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
CDavis7M

I got an update from the manufacturer. The process is "nearly complete." However, they no longer have the marble white/gold color in stock for the Saruman dice. Unfortunate that stock isn't better tracked.

They sent me a list of available stock and I requested the two best fit color options. But I am still not happy. The translucent clear dice seem hard to read, and don't fit as well with the other dice. And while the Nebula clear/"black" (looks like dark blue) dice look cool, they still aren't what I'm looking for.

Potentially the marble color will be back in stock in October. I've asked about a pearl color, which would be preferable. Heck, even plain white/black if they can get that in stock.
DSCN0464.jpg
DSCN0464.jpg (34.03 KiB) Viewed 8635 times

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Theo

Super bummer.

Translucents in general are a very different direction. I'd personally rather wait, although obviously it would impact shipping costs. If forced, I'd do clear long before blue. Do they have no stock even of speckled to match his deep darkling eyes and stormclouds?
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
CDavis7M

Definitely a bummer. I don't think speckled dice are available at all for the custom process. Here is a list of what available. I spent quite some time looking and didn't like any of them...

Opaque Ivory/black
Opaque Yellow/black
Opaque Orange/black
Opaque Green/white
Opaque Purple/white
Opaque Grey/black
Translucent Clear/white
Translucent Yellow/white
Translucent Orange/white
Translucent Red/white
Translucent Green/white
Translucent Blue/white
Translucent Purple/white
Translucent Smoke/white
Borealis Light Green/gold
Borealis Purple/white
Borealis Sky Blue/white
Cirrus Light Blue/white
Gemini Black-Copper/white
Gemini Black-Gold/silver
Gemini Black-Red/gold
Gemini Black-Red/white
Gemini Black-Shell/white
Gemini Black-White/red
Gemini Blue-Green/gold
Gemini Blue-Magenta/gold
Gemini Blue-Orange/white
Gemini Blue-Purple/Gold
Gemini Blue-Red/White
Gemini Copper-Green/white
Gemini Copper-Steel/white
Gemini Copper-Teal/silver
Gemini Gold-White/black
Gemini Green-Gold/white
Gemini Green-Purple/gold
Gemini Orange-Yellow/black
Gemini Pink-Black/white
Gemini Pink-Purple/white
Gemini Purple-Red/gold
Gemini Purple-Steel/white
Gemini Red-Yellow/silver
Gemini Teal-White/black
Leaf Black Gold/silver
Lustrous Black/gold
Lustrous Green/white
Lustrous Slate/white
Mother of Pearl Blue/silver
Nebula Black/white
Phantom Black/silver
Phantom Teal/gold
Scarab Blue Blood/gold
Scarab Jade/gold
Scarab Scarlet/gold
Velvet Blue/white
Velvet Bright Blue/silver
Velvet Copper/white
Velvet Gold/white
Velvet Purple/white
Velvet Red/white
Velvet Silver/white
Vortex Black/yellow
Vortex Blue/gold
Vortex Orange/black
Vortex Purple/gold
Vortex Teal/gold

Theo

Yeah, definitely not ideal.

Opaque Ivory/black: decent, if not exciting.

Gemini Gold-White/black: maybe the closest to the original choice, but definitely more tea-stained. Probably my personal pick if delaying isn't an option.

Gemini Black-White/red: made me think of "Right in the middle of the road the long forefinger lay, white in the dusk, its red nail darkening to black." But a non-overthrown die would suit this Avatar set better.

Lustrous Black/gold: again, seems more fallen, and seems to need a lot of light to see the white in the luster.

:?
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
CCG Collector

October is only a few months away. I'm comfortable waiting if the others are.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Kjeld

I can wait.
CDavis7M

I followed up with the manufacturer. We will be waiting until October for the Saruman dice. The other dice will begin manufacturing soon (better to order now with certainty than to wait). Unfortunately, there is no way for him to get us in the queue when there is no stock available. So while we can order again in October, we will likely have another 8 week manufacturing queue to wait in. Still, better happy and late then not happy.

I'll post back when I get the other 5 colors. I'll discuss shipping with you guys individually.

Chessex expects to have the original Marble color (see above) in stock as well as White Mother of Pearl, which I like more and originally wanted, but it was out of stock. I plan to make the order for the Mother of Pearl dice instead of Marble.

Both colors are side by side here: (unfortunately, their "Festive" many colored line is not available for custom dice).

Marble:

Mother of Pearl:
Last edited by CDavis7M on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I can wait as well, though I am unsure if Chris or Wolfgang does handle the european sets
yours Nicolai
CDavis7M

I have talked with Wolfgang and Eric regarding the European players and I followed up with him a few weeks ago. I believe that Wolfgang intends to order separately but I am not sure whether he did. And now we are realizing there are stock shortages...

I still expect to have extra dice and I am still willing to ship to a single person in Europe. And I'll see if that goes smoothly.
rezwits
Council Member

Yeah let's just wait for the stock, unless you feel people CAN "deal" with the change, I am fine with whichever... THX AGAIN!
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
CDavis7M

The deal is already done. The 5 colors are in production. The Saruman dice will be ordered in October and likely be received in December/January.

Kjeld

For the dwarf-lords, we need something like this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/du ... ure-forge
:D
CDavis7M

I got a shipping notification from Chessex. Maybe I'll get the dice next week. I'll likely pass out to my local group when I see them but wait for the Saruman dice before mailing anything. I'll keep you all updated.
Tholland3

I am new to the group and just got back into the game. If there are any extra sets I would love to buy a set. Please let me know. These are amazing!
CDavis7M

Hi Tholland. There may be extras but it depends on whether some of the European players end order sets directly or if the sets I ordered are the only ones, and whether I ship to them, etc. etc.

It seems unlike that there will be extras, you are next on the list after everything else is sorted. Where are you located?

Also, we might end up ordering another batch of dice for Dream Card Elf and Dwarf Lords. And then we could re-order these colors depending on stock at Chessex.

Return to “The Marketplace”