Long Dark Reach vs Stealth

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Manuel
Council Chairman

Some discussion about this stuff has been brought to the meccg forums lately:

http://www.meccg.net/dforum/viewtopic.php?t=652

(check this link for some documentation)

Apparently, it's very unfortunate that the CRF used the word "play" in there. In my view, you arent playing a creature, but instead playing a short event that might reveal a creature, and maybe attack.

Any thoughts?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Some other quotes from CRF:
Annotation 7: If any other active condition for an action does not exist when the
action is resolved, the action has no effect; if the action was playing a card from your hand, it is discarded.

Nazgûl
If a Nazgûl is tapped to become a short-event as printed on its card, it turns into a
short-event upon declaration. At this point, the Nazgûl is a short-event just as if had been played as such from your hand.
The body referred to in the text of female characters with combat bonuses against Nazgûl is the body of the Nazgûl
Underlines mine.

So if playing is " the process of bringing a card from your hand into play."
then what means "playing a card from your hand"?

I think that if something is unfortunate then it is phrase "from your hand" in definition of Playing a Card.
Playing a card is the process of bringing a card from your hand into play.
"Playing a card is the process of bringing a card into play." would be sufficient.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
miguel
Ex NetRep

I like breaking Stealth. I'd say Stealth prevents playing creature cards on that company from hand (and creature cards you'd play as if they were in your hand), so LDR is coolio.

As a sidenote, Stealth also prevents revealing on-guard creatures due to CRF. Revealing a creature via LDR is not mentioned.
CRF wrote:Stealth

* Prevents the revealing of a creature on-guard.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Issue dealt with in Digest #120. Locked.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”