Short & Permanent events

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I think it would be great to make a list of all the short, long, and permanent events with the following information:

- Card Name
- Card Text (including any errata)
- Targets (what does this card target?)
- Active conditions (what are this card's active conditions, if any?)
- Passive conditions (what passive conditions does this card set up, if any?)

Whaddaya think?
http://www.alfanos.org
Wacho

Not a bad idea. However, defining the active and passive conditions (and to a much lesser extent the targets) is a subject full of controversy.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Right, so there are two (well, three) options:

(1) Bottom-up: just say for each card what its targets, active conditions, and passive conditions are.
(2) Top-down: endorse a principle for deciding in any particular case what the targets, active conditions, and passive conditions of a card are.
(3) A little bit of both.

I feel that if we start making the list, we will find that there aren't too many problematic cases, and that we can then decide what to say about (2) given what we know about (1). In other words, I'm really suggesting (3), but I think we need to start with (1). Also, (1) will be very useful to the community even if (2) necessary.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Um did anyone ever finish the short event list you and I did mark? Maybe someone should tackle that before we move onto Long and Perm Events.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

No, no one finished that. It was a slightly different sort of list, containing information on how long the effects of short events last (usually either instantaneous or till the end of the turn). Obviously both of these projects need to be completed eventually. I guess the main question is: which is more urgent / which will be more useful?
miguel
Ex NetRep

I'd prefer to use my time on the new CRF, but I'll of course be here for consultation if someone starts working on this list.
miguel
Ex NetRep

zarathustra wrote: - Card Name
- Card Text (including any errata)
- Targets (what does this card target?)
- Active conditions (what are this card's active conditions, if any?)
- Passive conditions (what passive conditions does this card set up, if any?)
Some cards seem to create an effect that is in play and just gets applied. The +2 prowess to hazard creatures from Horses seems to be one, and Bane of Ithil-stone seems to set up something like this (cancelling all effects of X doesn't really fit into the frame of passive conditions as Bane's effect has to be applied in the current chain of effects). :?

Perhaps we need to figure this stuff out before starting the list?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Also some creatures and items sets up a passive condition.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”