Shifter of Hues

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Manuel
Council Chairman

Here's one thing that definately needs a ruling because so many people has come asking it to me lately, and they're right that the card isn't clear in itself.
Shifter of Hues
Rarity: R3
DI: 3
GI: 27
Pr/Bd: 6/10
SP: 1
Permanent-event
Radagast specific. Shapeshifter. Place this card on Radagast if he is in play. Return this card to your hand: when you play another Shapeshifter card or, if you choose, during your organization phase. In addition to adopting the given attributes, Radagast's skills become Warrior/Diplomat. Radagast may not move. You may keep one more card than normal in your hand. Radagast can tap give +2 to the corruption checks of the characters in one company through your next organization phase (this company must be moving with at least one Wilderness in their site path). Radagast may bear, but may not use, items.
Where in the card says you can hold 1 more card in your hand only if Radagast is in play? I would say the reason is because of the place the sentence is placed on; however, there's nothing in this card saying something like "if on Radagast..." like some other FW cards.

Any thoughts?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Where in the card says you can hold 1 more card in your hand only if Radagast is in play?

Nowhere. Also nowhere is written that abilities: "In addition to adopting the given attributes, Radagast's skills become Warrior/Diplomat. Radagast may not move." and "Radagast can tap give +2 to the corruption checks of the characters in one company through your next organization phase (this company must be moving with at least one Wilderness in their site path). Radagast may bear, but may not use, items." are applied only if card is on Radagast.
However, there is no situation where those abilities could be used if card is not on Radagast.
Verse "You may keep one more card than normal in your hand." is placed between them, is not separated from them in any way. So should be treated equally.

Similarly last verse of Dragon-Helm is not separated from previous (bonuses to P, B and DI), thus is also treated as Warrior only:.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Wacho

I think it is certainly implied that the extra card in hand only takes effect when you have Radagast in play. The phrase "In addition to adopting the given attributes..." certainly lends itself to that interpretation. (How can hold a card be in addition to if Radagast isn't in play and doesn't have any attributes.)

I certainly don't think we should rule that you get to hold an extra card without having Radagast in play.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

This was already covered in CoE #67, CoE #92, and CoE #93. Manuel and Wacho are correct.
http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”