Ready to His Will (again...)

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Wacho

Sorry to keep this going, but doesn't anyone have a response to my point?
miguel
Ex NetRep

The character tapping is an active condition because you need someone to take control of the ally. Ready to His Will does not give an alternative (in case you can't or don't want to). I know the card text is very confusing, but this is basically it. Since it's an active condition, the tapping happens at declaration regardless of what the card implies.

I don't have any more locks, so you guys please close this when you are done. :lol:
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Wacho wrote:Sorry to keep this going, but doesn't anyone have a response to my point?
I'd say that tapping character is condition that this card is effective but not active condition. Similarly as discarding item for Token of Goodwill, and that company does not contain Beorn or an untapped warrior with prowess greater than 4 for Beorning Skin-changers.
It was my response.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Wacho

The card text doesn't simply imply when you are to tap the character it specifically says when. After the attack is cancelled you tap your character and take control of the ally. This is very different from an active condition which you tap on declaration. You seem to be arguing from your conclusion.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Ok, here it is, one last time.
Annotation 5: If an action requires an entity to tap as a condition for the action's main effect, that entity must be untapped when the action is declared; else, the action may not be declared. Tap the entity at this point; this is considered synonymous with the action's declaration; i.e., it is not a separate action.
I consider the creature becoming an ally to be "main effect" of RtHW. This requires a character to tap.
--> Tapping the character is an active condition. Therefore, tapping the character happens at declaration.

If you don't see it, well, then you just don't. But this issue has been settled 25 posts ago.
Wacho

By that standard it would seem that tapping a character when you play Rescue Prisoners is also an active condition and needs to be done at declaration.

And what ever happened to card text overrides the rules?
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Don't be silly. Rescue Prisoners says what happens if you don't tap. Schematically, it says: If X, then Y; if not X, then Z. Hence, it does not require X. Ready to His Will is not at all like this.
And what ever happened to card text overrides the rules?
What happened to it? Why does everyone bring up this rule when they're arguing for a futile position? Card text overrides rules, Yes, but not all rules: only those it explicitly contradicts. And No, I will not get embroiled in the nth debate on exactly what that means, especially not in this thread.
http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”