Annotation 26: Untap phase - Long-Event phase hole

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Jambo

miguel wrote:
zarathustra wrote:But then I have this little question: suppose Alatar comes into play at The Stones and MN is in play. What if Alatar now wants to play Hidden Haven on his site? I think that this should clearly be disallowed. The question then becomes: when does Andrast become a [-me_sl-]? I think the answer is: right after Alatar comes into play. It works, if I am right, like this:

1: Alatar played from hand at The Stones (i.e., he and The Stones are simultaneously brought into play). He may only be played here if the site is a [-me_rl-] in a [-me_wi-]. It is. No problem.
2: After The Stones is in play, it triggers the passive condition of MN.
3: Unless someone does something, MN's passive condition resolves and The Stones is considered to be in a [-me_sl-] .

Make sense?
But the resource player could respond to the declaration of Morgul Night's effect by playing Hidden Haven... :?

There is also a problem with giving region names a region type. Say I key a creature to Rhudaur (no MN in play), should my opponent be able to cancel a strike with Elven Cloak?

But yeah I agree, Hidden Havening when MN is out seems weird...
Strikes from creatures keyed to a region by name cannot be cancelled by Elven Cloak or Shadow Cloak which cancel strikes keyed by type only.

Following the logic from the other thread, Morgul Night would not creating passive conditions leading to actions.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Hey! No digging up old threads until the new ones have resolved! Last in first out, you know? :wink:
Jambo wrote:Strikes from creatures keyed to a region by name cannot be cancelled by Elven Cloak or Shadow Cloak which cancel strikes keyed by type only.
I think that was exactly my point. That's it Jamie...

YOU'RE FIRED! :twisted:

April fools!
Jambo

lol!

My probationary period's already passed. You'll have to take me through the courts! :twisted:

Actually, I'm just finding out there's quite a number of threads all regurgitating the same subjects!

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”