Eagle Mounts

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Wacho

This is a split off from the thread on ACM. Miguel wrote:
Ok a quick note about Eagle-mounts first. I don’t think that CRF quote applies, because Eagle-mounts’ effect must be in play when you reveal the new site (and also its effect doesn’t really depend on the new site, more like vice versa). When revealed, should the site be too many regions away for normal movement, the move would be illegal and Eagle-mounts’ effect would not have time to resolve a 2nd time. If this is something you want to discuss further, please open a new thread for it. However for the ACM ruling, I also consider Eagle-mounts to be irrelevant.
I don't understand how you think the CRF quote doesn't apply. Is Eagle-Mounts played in the org. phase? Yes. Does it depend on the site or site path? Yes. Those are the only two conditions for applying this rule. The text of Eagle-Mounts is:
Playable only at the end of the organization phase on a company with a diplomat that begins the turn at Eagles' Eyrie. Company may move to any site that is not a Shadow-hold [S] or a Dark-hold [D]. Opponent may only play hazard creatures that are keyed to the company's site.
The playability conditions are only that it is played at the end of the org. phase on a company that has a diplomat and begins the turn at Eagle's Eyrie. Then the conditional, You MAY move to any site that is not a shadow-hold or dark-hold, and opponent may only play creatures keyed to the site.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I think Mikko's point is that Eagle-Mounts (like Harad, Forod, etc.) must already be at work before the new site card is revealed. As such, it cannot wait to be declared like, for instance, Secret Passage.
http://www.alfanos.org
miguel
Ex NetRep

Yepo. It's like Mark read my mind... :wink:
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

So I guess this one is done (no ruling necessary).

Locked. 8)
http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”