Draft of Digest #125

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
miguel
Ex NetRep

Alright, check it out and comment pls.
#125 Draft wrote:1)
If Heart Grown Cold Is in play, and I play Rebuild The Town on a Ruins & Lairs, is the switching of sites considered an action triggered by a passive condition, i.e. could I play Mischief In a Mean Way in response to Heart triggering in order to change the site type further and avoid losing Rebuild when the site must be replaced?
--------------------------------------------------
Heart Grown Cold's effect is simply applied w/out a chain of effects, there is no time to respond.

2)
I play The Great Hunt and choose opponent’s discard pile. If I don’t defeat a revealed creature, does it get discarded, then revealed again by The Great Hunt?
--------------------------------------------------
Yes, you resolve the combat normally and then continue with The Great Hunt.

3)
Can you put minion minor items under Armory?
---------------------------------------------------
As a Fallen-wizard, no. As a Hero player you can, and they count towards gaining the Armory marshalling point.

4)
Is an imprisoned Ringwraith impossible to rescue if once freed he would be violating company composition rules?
---------------------------------------------------
Yes, the freeing effect would be cancelled and the Ringwraith would remain imprisoned. On a related note, a released Ringwraith follower must be controlled by your Ringwraith by the end of your next organization phase or that Ringwraith follower is discarded.

5)
If a company must return to its site of origin and that site card is no longer in play, it (or the resource card that acted as the site) must be returned back into play in the same orientation that it left. It does not matter where that site card is, it is returned even from out of play.

If a company simply loses its site card, all the characters are discarded. For example, this happens to a company using Wondrous Maps played with a Crown of Flowers if someone Twilights that Crown of Flowers.

Characters getting released from cards like Sack Over the Head need to be able to either join a company already at the site, or their player must be able to provide a site card for them from his location deck. Otherwise the released characters are discarded.

6)
Effects that reassign strikes affect only the order or assigning strikes, not the eligibility to face a strike. For example, Alatar cannot teleport to a company facing Neeker-breekers because he cannot face a strike from them.

7)
Radagast is able to play Radagast's Black Bird even if he is tapped or wounded.
marcos
Council Member

thumbs up
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

1) I agree with answer. However the question shows scenario where the ruling is not applicable. AFIK only cards of type [-me_bh-], [-me_fh-], and hero [-me_ha-] are affected.
Sites like FW The White Towers with Nature's Revange and with Rebuild the Town are not affected even if they type is [-me_bh-].

6) I have presented my objections in respective thread.

Rest is good.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Konrad Klar wrote:Sites like FW The White Towers with Nature's Revange and with Rebuild the Town are not affected even if they type is [-me_bh-].
I was a bit dubious about it myself... Do you know if there's a ruling or CRF entry regarding this?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Hm...
(search in progress)
miguel
Ex NetRep

I remember we discussed Heart Grown Cold here http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... f=12&t=406

But the ruling does not apply to what Ben asked me in a few days ago. That said, I wouldn't have any problem ruling that Heart Grown Cold (and Plotting Ruin) make FW use minion sites for [-me_bh-] and [-me_fh-] only when such versions of the minion sites exist.

Edit: after closer inspection, it seems Mark's idea was that the play would indeed go as Ben described, not sure if that's how it should be though :?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Yes.
It was what I was unsuccessfully searching for.
And actually it does not apply here quite.

Anyway I think that idea of Heart Grown Cold and similar effects checking for site type and not site card type is just unbearable.
Maybe it deserves separate thread, but briefly:
FW company is at minion [-me_rl-], player plays Hold Rebuilt and Repaired. Sites becomes [-me_sh-] and now suddenly must be replaced by hero version.
Hold Rebuilt and Repaired cannot target hero site.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Yeah that seems just silly. I will edit the digest so it only addresses how Heart Grown Cold's timing works, and we can continue this discussion in the old thread regarding HGC / WH rules in situations like this.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Published. Locked.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”