Orders from Lugburz vs. Company Composition Rules

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Bandobras Took wrote:
Orders From Lugburz wrote:Playable on a company. May be played with a starting company in lieu of a minor item. This company may contain a Troll leader in addition to another leader. +1 to all corruption checks by followers of Troll leaders in this company. Discard if Ren is your Ringwraith or when a leader leaves the company. Cannot be duplicated on a given company.
By The Ringwraith's Word wrote:Playable during the organization phase on one of your other characters at the same Darkhaven as your Ringwraith. The character: becomes a leader (if not already), receives +4 direct influence against characters in his company, and cannot be discarded by a body check. Discard at any time if there is a character in his company with a higher mind. Cannot be duplicated by a given player.
If I use By the Ringwraith's Word to make a RW follower a Leader, may I use Orders from Lugburz to include a Troll Leader in the company as well? Outside a darkhaven, I mean?

I guess the two possible interpretations, then, are

1) The use of the word Troll is meant simply to prevent an extra Orc Leader; or

2) The use of the word Troll is meant to overcome the racial limits on company composition.

I'll agree that 2) is unlikely, but the card can be read that way.

It's possible that they forgot they had a card for making non-orc/troll leaders when they created Orders from Lugburz. :)
Cute trick, eh?

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Konrad argued against Ben in the thread on the rules forum. Basically, his point was that you do less violence to the rules if you go with interpretation (1) over interpretation (2). I agree with Konrad on this, though it's not entirely clear to me that Orders from Lugburz doesn't itself do violence to the rules.
Last edited by zarathustra on Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.alfanos.org
tharasix
Ex NetRep

I'm sorry, I guess I'm missing something. What's the problem? There's a rule that says that you can't have non-RW characters in a company outside of a Darkhaven. OfL does nothing to change that, it just changes the one leader per company rule. Specifically, what's the issue?
miguel
Ex NetRep

OfL merely let's you have an additional leader in the company (since normally you may have only one), and that leader must be a troll. Imho normal company composition rules like trolls vs. elves or trolls vs. Rw should still apply.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Fine by me.
Proposed Ruling wrote:Orders from Lugburz merely let's you have an additional leader in the company (since normally you may have only one), and that leader must be a troll. Normal company composition rules like trolls vs. elves or trolls vs. Rw still apply.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Aye.
Wacho

Agreed
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Published in 117. Done. Locked. 8)

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”