[OT] Questions from the old NetRep Board

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Old NetRep Boards wrote:
The Dead Dwarf wrote:Hi,

Dunno if anyone will read this post - if they don't probably the issue is moot anyway ...

I notice that the latest ruling digest is up here:

http://www.meccg.net/dforum/viewtopic.php?t=2445

Clearly netrep functions have moved from this board and the membership has altered.

I was invited to move but not consulted prior to the actual move. After caredful consideration I declined. The digest clearly shows I'm no longer considered part of the netrep team, which is fair enough as I refused to move forums.

If the netrep function is not going to return here then I think the netrep forum part of Meccg.net needs to be clarified - at least the name changed to reflect that it is the 'former netrep team' if it's deemed the threads here are of use for research on past rulings.

Nigel
Sauron wrote:This isn't an open forum. Only those in proper usergroups could read the information here. I don't think the normal population of people will even know.
Gwaihir wrote:You're fired cause you refused to move forums? :? Who fired you? It seems I am also no longer an advisor, though I haven't decided that nor have I seen this team decide that. (Nor have I been asked to move to some other forum.) In fact, I am to read it from the digest.

What happened to the decision structure of this team? Mikko, have you fired both Nigel and me? Why such a sudden use of power, a power the team leader hasn't actively wielded in all the history of this team? Why isn't there even an attempt to reach concensus?

[As for the forum: yes, if it turns out to be defunct, we can lock it down.]
I don't know how you guys want to handle this.
miguel
Ex NetRep

I can deal with this tomorrow unless Mark has something to add.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I'm staying out of this one ;)

I guess I should just let y'all know that I corresponded extensively with Nigel, asked him to join us here multiple times, and told him that if he ever changes his mind he'll be welcome here with open arms.
http://www.alfanos.org
miguel
Ex NetRep

And I replied:
Gwaihir wrote:You're fired cause you refused to move forums? :? Who fired you?
Nigel was not fired, nor did he claim that. He chose not to be an active member of the NetRep team and we respect that, so he has been excused from his responsibilities as a team member.
Gwaihir wrote:It seems I am also no longer an advisor, though I haven't decided that nor have I seen this team decide that. (Nor have I been asked to move to some other forum.) In fact, I am to read it from the digest.
This is correct. You and Mark simply haven’t gotten along very well, and some mutual projects you had suffered from that. It also creates a hostile working environment, which I certainly want to avoid. Since Mark is the NetRep and you have been in an advisory role, I am forced to release you from that position. It simply can’t go the other way around.
Gwaihir wrote:What happened to the decision structure of this team? Mikko, have you fired both Nigel and me? Why such a sudden use of power, a power the team leader hasn't actively wielded in all the history of this team? Why isn't there even an attempt to reach concensus?
As the team leader my main concern is to have a working NetRep team, not to please anyone. I am very capable of making tough decisions when they are called for, and to my knowledge this was the first time there was a total falling out between the members of this forum. Concensus on this matter has proven to be unreachable.
Gwaihir wrote:[As for the forum: yes, if it turns out to be defunct, we can lock it down.]
That's a good idea. Perhaps also change the name to "NetRep Archives" or something like that.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Done?
http://www.alfanos.org
tharasix
Ex NetRep

I'm confused as to why this was even cross-posted here. Nigel's out by his own choice, Wim's out. We've moved. Issue's done. Let's not waste any more space on this board with personal issues and Wim's idiocy.
miguel
Ex NetRep

I agree, this is old news. Locked.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”