This forum looks so good

Announcements & discussion of CoE related issues.
Kodi
Council Member

Dear friends,

Hello everyone! I wanted to inform you about the updates we are making to the forum:
  • We have given it a fresh look to make it more modern and appealing.
  • We are reorganizing the information to keep it up-to-date and relevant.
  • You will now receive email notifications when there is activity in the forums and topics you subscribe to! Finally!
  • You can LIKE a post
I also want to emphasize that we have taken steps to improve moderation in the forum. We aim to create a friendly and safe environment for all members of the community who share the ideals of the Council of Elrond.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. We are here to listen and work together in creating a welcoming and respectful forum for everyone.

Let's continue building the Council of Elrond together.

Sincerely,
Kodi
tyhjaarpa

I appreciate the work you are doing, but would it be possible to choose between old and new layout? As at least for mobile I would prefer to use the old clean version of the site as it would make it easier to read and navigate on mobile.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Where is my beloved Aero that I know from Vista and Windows 7? :roll:
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Theo

The code block color is challenging.

Code: Select all

Green on dark aqua is painful to read.
(In general I find a bunch of the contrast choices harder. Maybe my eyes are getting too old, but I got worried I was becoming a wraith at first.)
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Kodi
Council Member

Theo wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:30 pm The code block color is challenging.

Code: Select all

Green on dark aqua is painful to read.
(In general I find a bunch of the contrast choices harder. Maybe my eyes are getting too old, but I got worried I was becoming a wraith at first.)
fixed! :lol:

Let me know if you spot other challenges like this one
Kodi
Council Member

tyhjaarpa wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:13 pm I appreciate the work you are doing, but would it be possible to choose between old and new layout? As at least for mobile I would prefer to use the old clean version of the site as it would make it easier to read and navigate on mobile.
Sure, I have applied to you the classic style. Please tell me if you see it correctly.

If there are any more users who want the classic style, let me know by PM. Please, I know the changes are strange, but I would like to invite you to try it for a couple of weeks before changing.

Theo

kodi wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:48 pm fixed! :lol:

Let me know if you spot other challenges like this one
Thanks!

I think the off-white on gray on dark gray is just missing out on contrast options. I know Damien also mentioned being in an audio-visual professional field and website design, so I'm sure the team can figure out a good balance between aesthetics and accessibility best-practices as the user default.

In the mean time, I did figure out that I can reset myself by setting User Control Panel, Board preferences, My board style to prosilver, for others that are interested.
Kodi
Council Member

I think the off-white on gray on dark gray is just missing out on contrast options. I know Damien also mentioned being in an audio-visual professional field and website design, so I'm sure the team can figure out a good balance between aesthetics and accessibility best-practices as the user default.
Sure, I will talk with him asap 8)
In the mean time, I did figure out that I can reset myself by setting User Control Panel, Board preferences, My board style to prosilver, for others that are interested.
Well, I unlocked it a few minutes ago
tyhjaarpa

kodi wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:05 pm
tyhjaarpa wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:13 pm I appreciate the work you are doing, but would it be possible to choose between old and new layout? As at least for mobile I would prefer to use the old clean version of the site as it would make it easier to read and navigate on mobile.
Sure, I have applied to you the classic style. Please tell me if you see it correctly.

If there are any more users who want the classic style, let me know by PM. Please, I know the changes are strange, but I would like to invite you to try it for a couple of weeks before changing.

Thank you! Seems to work flawlessly.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
Kjeld

I like this new theme -- much more Tolkienesque!
Theo

kodi wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:27 pm If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
It looks like this may have broken the links to image file attachments? For example: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=4544
Baba
Location: If Oxford is Hobbiton (Tolkien's statmt in Letter294). Between river Adorn sources and Gap of Isen

Wahou good job, i like this design !

Thanks a lot
Casual player forever !
Kodi
Council Member

Theo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:50 pm It looks like this may have broken the links to image file attachments? For example: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=4544
Fixed! Thanks for report
Kodi
Council Member

Kjeld wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:34 pm I like this new theme -- much more Tolkienesque!
The point is that the old theme was the phpBB default theme. It had the original phpBB logo in the header! :shock:
Baba wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:58 am Wahou good job, I like this design !

Thanks a lot
Thanks a lot for appreciating it. Of course, I can change it as many times as we need. Let me know your suggestions.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

kodi wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:59 am The point is that the old theme was the phpBB default theme. It had the original phpBB logo in the header!
New theme has in header a logo identical to logo of https://meccg.com/. This may be confusing for those who have open tabs for both sites in their browsers.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Council Business”