Getting back into the game and teaching new players

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Anth

Hey guys, I don't know if you any of you remember playing METW with me in GCCG. I last played about 7 years ago. I think Vastor may remember me. I'm getting back into it now, and teaching a bunch of new players as well. I went by AnthDFC or Frog.

Are any of you playing on Tabletop Simulator? That is what I'm going to teach them on. Would love any tips or comments about using Tabletop....
We were thinking of doing a character draft and an item draft and a hazard draft, so that we don't all get access to the very best cards, but have more unique decks.

Can anyone share a link to an easy to read underdeeps map?

Can anyone share a handy rulebook for new players, rather than making them read a dozen small rulebooks from all the sets?

Any other helpful resources for new players?

Thanks guys for keeping the game alive!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hey Anthony, long time no see,
Get them onto Cardnum, and I am willing to teach as well,

Yours Vastor
Anth

Wow looks really good! Are there any youtube videos of someone playing a game on cardnum? I found a helpful rule document there too
Anth

I see you have the dreamcards there also. Are they integrated into the normal rules of the game, or do they require learning a new set of rules?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

hey Bergil has tutorials for the programm as well as tourney and fun games for every level of play

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPUibp ... JdKs8mDe5g

yours Nicolai
CDavis7M

The locals have been playing Arda on TTS during the pandemic. One issue with the primary TTS MECCG package is that it lacks card names and so it is not searchable. It also uses lower resolution cards and has no built in card text. I made objects for a few of the sets/expansions having card names and text and another guy made most of all of the sets with names. I can share over Discord or something.

I would just skip underdeeps for beginners. The Balrog rules have a good map in them though.

Maybe Arda would be a good starting point instead of a draft.

The best rulesbook for brand new players is the Abbreviated Starter Rules: https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... =16&t=4029

The next easiest rulesbooks are the Balrog/Challenge Deck rules and the Casual Companion Rules.
Anth

Thank you, that is helpful!

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”