California Meetups?

Red Arrow

Hello Folks,

So I recently attended ConquestAvalon in Sacramento. We played two awesome Arda events. One was hero and the other was minion both events had seven players. I enjoyed the minion Arda. I enjoyed both but I've never played minion before so that was fun. Now I want to do more in-person events. LOL. So... I am looking for people who would love to do the same. Let's do Challenge decks that way no one has to build a deck. Just show up. I can bring all ten challenge decks. FYI I'm not very good at this game I just love playing it. So...

Looking for people in the Central Valley who want to meetup in July in Clovis. There's supposed to be a convention called 'Gamefest Central Valley' in the Fresno/Clovis area this July 7-9. Last year it was organized by the Conquest group so it was called Conquest Central Valley.

Looking for people in the Ventura area who want to meet up. There is a Conquest Ventura Convention happening on July 14-16 but they have several "gamesday"s during the months prior to that.

Looking for players who want to meet in Anaheim? Those who used to attend Strategicon Conventions maybe we can meet at a game cafe for now. Would really be fun to meet again!

Finally, are there players who are in the Riverside/Temecula Area? Anyone willing to meet in Temecula?

Please, please say you want to meet. :D
CDavis7M

I'd be happy to play at a cafe in southern california, but do you think Stratigicon is not a good option anymore? I don't think many of the players who were there post on here... There are Stratigicon conventions on memorial day and labor day. Memorial day is soon but Labor day could be an option? Maybe better to ask around by text message on the phone.

GAMEX 2023
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
MAY 26-29, 2023

GATEWAY 2023
LABOR DAY WEEKEND
SEPTEMBER 1-4, 2023
Goblin King

Unfortunately, our So.Cal Organizer, Larry, has retired from in-person play due to the pandemic. So we need someone else from the area to step up into the role and basically start hosting events at the So.Cal conventions.
There is no requirement that you live there in So. Cal., just a requirement that you go to the convention, submit the event to the convention, etc.
It is tempting ... but I really need for my job to be less busy before I can pull it off.
I'm sure I can put someone in touch with Larry and he can explain to you the ropes of submitting the game event etc.
Red Arrow

Strategicon is still a good option. And I still want to do that. I just want people who may not be convention-goers an opportutnity to come and play in a more casual setting. I do believe (hope?) that the past strategicon attendees are still visiting this board.

As some of you may have noticed I have been busy cross-posting on BoardGameGeek and two facebook groups. And people are responding to the posts. So far there are responses from Fresno, Laverne, Novato (MarinCounty) and Anaheim. Ryan from Vegas wants to meet too. I don't think he attended the previous Vegas meetings. But hear this...he introduced the game via 'play to learn' to a dozen people at Dice Tower West convention last month, woooohoooo! That's good news and very encouraging!

I'm hoping we get more people to respond and hopefully soon...PLAY!

Return to “USA MECCG Community”