Pacific Northwest Players (WA)

USMCgeek

Hello!

I haven't played MECCG in ages, but I have been very committed to archiving information as well and keeping it alive.

In that spirit, I was wondering what kind of player base there is in the Pacific Northwest. I myself live in Washington (Tacoma).

I would like to organize a meetup to play MECCG and ARDA - and perhaps throw in some MERP if people are interested.

I'm more than willing to do all the legwork, but am just wondering if we have the interested parties to make it worthwhile.

Thank you!

Jason
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Best of luck Jason!

I hope you find some players in your area, and please consider joining the Global Players List.
USMCgeek

Thanks! I've been attempting to locate the list, but am not having luck. Where is it maintained here?
the Jabberwock wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:08 am Best of luck Jason!

I hope you find some players in your area, and please consider joining the Global Players List.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

USMCgeek wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:15 pm Thanks! I've been attempting to locate the list, but am not having luck. Where is it maintained here?
Please see this post here:

https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... 964#p24508
kober

USMCgeek wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 pmIn that spirit, I was wondering what kind of player base there is in the Pacific Northwest. I myself live in Washington (Tacoma).
If you fancy spending a couple of hours at the border, there's a small (but active) group of players in Vancouver BC - you can find them here
Hamfast

I have a small collection and am interested in the original and variant versions of the game. I live in south Seattle near Renton. It will be a challenge for me to schedule anything at the moment but I would be happy to talk with you about the game and see if I can build some interest in an event if you organize something in the northwest.
USMCgeek

Awesome! I have the same problem with scheduling as well. I live behind McChord, and mainly work in Seattle for the most part - so work and commute time adds up to an easy 12 to 16 hours a day. Also, we have a house full of kids as well, so any type of game time is super difficult to schedule. But I think it would be cool to drum up some interest and even get a small group together. I know one other guy that lives down in Lacey as well - so that would make 3 already!
Grove

I'm located in Seattle and would love to find some folks play with once the pandemic dies down, or even sooner if we do some games digitally!
Alexifer

This kills me! I just moved from PNW back to the east coast after six years and I'm just now trying to get back into this game :(
Best of luck to you all!
USMCgeek

I would really like to organize some MECCG/Tolkien gathering once everything blows over.

Also - we're planning to move the East Coast as well at some point in the reasonably near future as well
Grove

USMCgeek wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:17 am I would really like to organize some MECCG/Tolkien gathering once everything blows over.

Also - we're planning to move the East Coast as well at some point in the reasonably near future as well
That sounds great, maybe we can organize something over zoom or discord.

Good luck on your move! I hope that we can have some sort of gathering in person before you go if the pandemic is behind us.
tjacksonrichards

Hello from a fellow PNW MECCG player! Out of desperation I've taught my 5yo kid to play but would love to game with another adult at some point in my life, ha!

I live on Vashon Island, a short ferry ride from Seattle and Tacoma. Hit me up!

Best,
TJ
Grove

tjacksonrichards wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:31 pm Hello from a fellow PNW MECCG player! Out of desperation I've taught my 5yo kid to play but would love to game with another adult at some point in my life, ha!

I live on Vashon Island, a short ferry ride from Seattle and Tacoma. Hit me up!

Best,
TJ
Hey TJ, glad I saw your post. Wow, your 5-year-old is brilliant if they can already wrap their head around the rules! Very cool living on Vashon, I actually moved out to North Bend. We still aren't super far from each other. Lets play sometime!
USMCgeek

With all the pandemic stuff and my work - we ended up just buying a house in Spanaway instead of moving (but hopefully in the future).

We're still here as well. I would like to put together an Arda deck very much.

Perhaps we could coordinate some meetup and playing ARDA on a semi-regular basis?
Grove

USMCgeek wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:27 am With all the pandemic stuff and my work - we ended up just buying a house in Spanaway instead of moving (but hopefully in the future).

We're still here as well. I would like to put together an Arda deck very much.

Perhaps we could coordinate some meetup and playing ARDA on a semi-regular basis?
Sounds good to me! Glad you're still around :D

Return to “USA MECCG Community”