MECCG at ConQuest Avalon in Sacramento (11-13 Nov 2016)!!

TradewindRider

Greetings Goblin King,

Just wanted to let you know that I can travel up for this convention in November--best bet would be on Sunday, if at all possible. Would be great to get together for some casual games, Hero Arda, or even a small tourney!

TradewindRider
Last edited by TradewindRider on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblin King

I will be sure and run our usual ME gathering on Sunday. Maybe I can figure out how to play my decks by then. :roll: It will be great to see you again!
TradewindRider

Greetings Goblin King,

Great to hear from you! I actually checked the schedule and the convention ends at 3:00 PM on Sunday, so please let us know if Saturday would work for you, thanks!

TradewindRider
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Hey guys. I would like to come to this event. =D

I can't commit just yet. I don't know for sure my work schedule until it gets closer.

I'm going to give it a try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TradewindRider

Greetings,

Jabberwock, thanks for your reply, hope to see you there!

Goblin King/All, I will drive up Friday and will stay for the duration, will drive back when the festivities conclude 3:00 PM on Sunday. I will bring my usual collection of Minion and Fallen decks, and will even try a Hero deck if I have to. 8)

TradewindRider
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Per discussions this past weekend at the Gateway Convention, we are definitely on for MECCG at ConQuest Avalon! Goblin King will publish the specific schedule when it becomes available, but looks like we'll be playing MECCG all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday--see everyone there!

TradewindRider
Goblin King

I've submitted the following schedule for ConQuest Avalon:
Saturday Nov. 12, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Area Board Game. We will offer this as an introduction for people who want to learn the mechanics for learning MECCG. But I've requested two tables so there will be space for experienced players and pick-up games.

Saturday Nov. 12, 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Open Tournament. This is open to all Hero, Minion, Balrog, Fallen Wizard and Dream Card decks.

Sunday, Nov. 13, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Challenge Deck Tournament. This is a way for new players introduced through ARDA to get experience with an actual tournament. All 10 challenge decks will be available. Beginners get first choice of hero decks. If we only have a couple of players show up, then this will convert to pick-up games. Bring those decks you've been dying to test out.
Last edited by Goblin King on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TradewindRider

Greetings Goblin King,

Great, thanks for submitting the schedule (November, right? :D ).

I'll be driving up Saturday and plan to be there for the start of the pick-up games--I'll bring a couple of ring decks and a DC deck as well. I'll stay until mid-afternoon Sunday and will drive back then.

TradewindRider
TradewindRider

Greetings Goblin King,

Looks like Gandalf Gene and Jeek Elem will be in town by Friday, I'll be there at the start of festivities Saturday morning. Hoping others can be there as well--see you all there!

TradewindRider
thedarkness

Any report from this event?
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
Goblin King

We had full Arda games on both days that were rather amusing.
On the first day, we had two new players in the mix so the game took a bit longer. The amazing thing was at the end where one player called council and then three of the four other players actually caught up to him on their last turn. That's right, Arda had a four way tie! We ended up resolving the time by having everyone make increasingly larger corruption checks. The player that first called council ended up winning.
The second day's Arda game was completely full also and very different from a day earlier. The board state was completely taken over by The Will of Sauron and seven or eight long events. It is what I imagine Middle Earth would look like after Sauron victory. Players were afraid to go anywhere except Wellinghall, the Old Forest and stuff like that for points. This went on for a couple of turns. One player had Gimli wearing the Iron Crown and bossing around orcs (he made corruption checks at 6+ on a couple of turns).
Then, someone finally cleared the board with a Marvels Told.
On the last turn, Gandalf Gene, who was far behind, managed to find The One Ring (rolling an 11 on his ring test) which was in the possession of Thrain, I believe. He immediately corrupted out when corruption checks were made at the end of the game.
I've become a huge fan of Arda and of this version of the Arda deck in particular. Our group has been playing periodically with this version for four years now and I've never played a bad game using it. I'm going to get an spreadsheet of this version and post it on this forum in the near future along with the special rules we use.
thedarkness

Thank you for the report!

I'm originally from Fair Oaks, so I would have definitely been there if I was home.

I look forward to your Arda decklist.
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR

Return to “USA MECCG Community”