California Players

Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

curiousgene wrote:Never did manage to play the White Tree, despite twice having it in my hand with a Sapling having arrived at Minas Tirith on the final turn. If I could have stored the Sapling in the Site Phase (instead of waiting for an Organization Phase that would never arrive) I'd have been able to pull it off.
Actually you don't have to store the Sapling in order to play The White Tree. The Sapling needs just to be at Minas Tirith. :wink:
curiousgene

Shapeshifter wrote:
curiousgene wrote:Never did manage to play the White Tree, despite twice having it in my hand with a Sapling having arrived at Minas Tirith on the final turn. If I could have stored the Sapling in the Site Phase (instead of waiting for an Organization Phase that would never arrive) I'd have been able to pull it off.
Actually you don't have to store the Sapling in order to play The White Tree. The Sapling needs just to be at Minas Tirith. :wink:
I just read the card text again, and you're absolutely right. "Playable only if a Sapling of the White Tree is at Minas Tirith and is discarded."

Which just goes to show I need to read the cards more carefully. Also, where were you when I needed you?
Goblin King

Great reports everyone! Wow 11 and 9 players at a Middle Earth event! It sounds like the good old day! I would love to make it next year.
traderider

Goblin King, looks like both Gene and I will be able to make it up there for ConQuest Avalon in early November, the site says 1-3 Nov...and I see you already have the event set up (Event KC-495): :)

http://conquestsac.gamecon.us/reg/EventView.asp?ID=495
Goblin King

Great to hear Traderider! I will bring along a constructed deck in case it is just three or four of us. Of course, that means I need to actually build a deck for the first time in ages! This should be fun.
traderider

We will bring a full suite of constructed decks as well as our constructed decks. I've been officially corrupted to running minion decks, so I'll be sure to include those as well. :D
Goblin King

Congrats on your corruption. :twisted:
If you can, let Gene know that my efforts to secure us all Eye of Sauron tie dye shirts were a failure, HOWEVER if you Google for Eye of Sauron Tie Dye, you can find some. I've picked myself up one and will be wearing it to the event. There is still time to order your own. I think it would look pretty cool if a bunch of us sit down in these shirts to play.
traderider

Greetings Goblin King,

I found the T-Shirts! I'll talk to Gene this weekend. Cheers!

traderider
traderider

Greetings Goblin King,

Our t-shirts have arrived, I'm putting them through the laundry at the moment!

Gene and I will see you on Saturday, 2 Nov--we'll probably arrive around 10:30 or so. Just saw the updated link for your event HC-116:

http://avalon.gamecon.us/reg/EventView.asp?ID=116

traderider
traderider

Greetings All,

Just wanted to post the following link--to make a long event short, the Dream Card First Folk printing will soon become a reality! These will be the first new cards to be printed since 1998, centering on Elf Lords and Dwarf Lords that will play like Fallen Wizards and go after specific missions.

The link has previews of the player guides and some of the new cards. You will need to sign and submit a "declaration of purchase" promising that you will not resell the cards--which really shouldn't be a problem, as the new cards look awesome:

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =32&t=1864

Kudos to Red Arrow for letting us know that this is going to happen. There is yet time to order, so please take a look if you're interested.

traderider
Jerbot

I am contemplating a trip to San Diego to visit family, and I may be able to head up and do Orccon in Feb. What all is happening with Middle Earth events at the con? Also, what else is at the convention? I looked on the website, but mostly saw Pokemon events, which Im not so interested in. If there are certain events, I may be able to interest a friend to join me for it, which would make the trip more possible. His interests include comics, role playing, heroclix, magic, and board games.
Goblin King

Jerbot wrote:I am contemplating a trip to San Diego to visit family, and I may be able to head up and do Orccon in Feb. What all is happening with Middle Earth events at the con? Also, what else is at the convention? I looked on the website, but mostly saw Pokemon events, which Im not so interested in. If there are certain events, I may be able to interest a friend to join me for it, which would make the trip more possible. His interests include comics, role playing, heroclix, magic, and board games.
Red Arrow would be the better person to respond since OrcCon is his neck of the woods. I do know from past experiences that there's a lot more than Pokemon going on. No comics to speak of but tons of roleplaying, boardgames.
traderider

Greetings Goblin King,

Thanks again for hosting the MECCG event in Sacramento today--really enjoyed playing against your Fallen Saruman deck, and the Arda game was a blast! Until next time!

traderider
Red Arrow

Jerbot wrote:I am contemplating a trip to San Diego to visit family, and I may be able to head up and do Orccon in Feb. What all is happening with Middle Earth events at the con? Also, what else is at the convention? I looked on the website, but mostly saw Pokemon events, which Im not so interested in. If there are certain events, I may be able to interest a friend to join me for it, which would make the trip more possible. His interests include comics, role playing, heroclix, magic, and board games.
Apologies for a very late response, but Goblin King is right. There are no comic stuff but there are tons of RPG and Board Games at Strategicon. There are Magic the gathering tournaments as well. And if he likes Catan I do believe they have a qualifying event for national championship. haven't seen Hero clix lately. There was a large open gaming area last time but with the new venue at the hilton this year I'm not sure how the setup will be but it is a larger venue from last convention i believe.

Most of the events don't show up on the website until February. The best way to get an idea of what happens is to go to the events page and choose a previous convention like "Gateway 2013" from the "By Convention" drop down menu and click on the "submit" button.

I hope this helps!
Red Arrow

Just want to let you all know that I'm planning on running meccg events at OrcCon 2014. Tentatively Challenge decks on February 15 at 12nn- 4pm and Constructed events starting at 5pm-9pm. And hopefully a third event on Sunday afternoon for a constructed event using the Dragon Hoard scenario.

Return to “USA MECCG Community”