Fireworks

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
jaded

Spoiler says "Fireworks" cannot be played at Wellinghall - but crf says nothing about it, there is also no such information in ME Dark Minions Player Guide. What is the source of this information?
Leon

I do not know where you got this from, but I never heard it. I built a deck sometime that does just that, untapping Wellinghall several times to get all the ents.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I've also never heard such things. Why couldn't it be played there?
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Well obviously the fireworks would burn down the forest, duh :P
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

And Old Forest and Woodland Realm, and Southern Mirkwood, and Heart of Mirkwwod,, and Western Mirkwwod...

:cry:

Look at illustration of Liquid Fire. This is sign, that ICE's intention was that Fireworks could be playable at Wellinghall.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

And since Fireworks can explode, no Minas Tirith, Bag End, Grey Havens, Rivendell, Lorien, Woodmen Town, Dale, Lake-Town, Bree, Dol Amroth, Pelgalir, Edoras....

And somehow a Dragons Lair and Mt. Doom seem kinda dangerous too.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
jaded

It's in CoE spoiler, and was known earlier - in fact I was deeply surprised that some people doesn't know this rule.
Leon

I still do not know where I can find this rule. What spoiler are you talking about?
Leon

I looked on the dutch site as well, at the normal spoilers and errata in CRF and it is not mentioned there.
sly southerner

Never heard of that.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I'm not sure who edited the spoiler on the CoE site, but I'm pretty sure that's a misprint. A spoiler should say exactly what the cards say, and that's not what my copy of Fireworks says. :)
jaded

This is scan from "Mastering of Middle-Earth" book maybe this is the source?
http://meccg.tolkien.com.pl/forum/files ... 36_971.png
Leon

Thanks for locating the source and now the spoiler on the CoE site can be edited to remove this. There are more mistakes in the spoilers there, which will probably be cleaned out after some time.
jaded

A message from the creator (that waits to be signed up):
Eyelid wrote: Basically, when I updated the spoiler list I just incorporated all the errata I could find so as to have just one list to peruse.
I was also looking for possible typos when I edited the list so I should've seen this one, but it obviously and sneakily slipped by me!
Sometimes, when you're reading so many cards, you don't see what everybody else seems to have noticed!

Anyway, I used that particular list (picked up on the Philippines Council of Elrond site) because it was the only one I could find that had all the cards from all the expansons listed in a single file, making it easier for me to work on.

In a nutshell, it's definitely a misprint (it's not something I added because I put an 'E' for errata after every card I edited).
It can of course be played at Wellinghall.
There is however a misprint on the French version of this card, but that's another story.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”