Forum Data Loss

Announcements & discussion of CoE related issues.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Sincere apologies, you may notice all forum data from the past 7 days is missing.

This happened because the forum had to be rebooted to our most recent backup from 1 week ago due to some technical issues.

I will be sending out more information soon when I am able.

If you made a forum post in the past week and it is missing, please try to recreate the post with a new one.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kober

Thank you for taking care of the issue. Btw. would daily (nightly) backups of the server be feasible? That's the standard in IT.
Theo

I figure it's a long shot, but is there any amount of the missing data that can be recovered? Like threads posted in if not the post content itself? I try to offload thoughts in writing because written forms are generally more reliable.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

kober wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 pm Thank you for taking care of the issue. Btw. would daily (nightly) backups of the server be feasible? That's the standard in IT.
I will inquire about this, but if the process cannot be done automatically, then the answer is No.

Even so, this would not have helped in this situation because we were forced to reload the forum to a date prior to the new updates being installed. So even if we had nightly backups throughout the past week, they would still be backups made with problematic issues in the background, and thus would not have worked.

Theo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:12 am I figure it's a long shot, but is there any amount of the missing data that can be recovered? Like threads posted in if not the post content itself? I try to offload thoughts in writing because written forms are generally more reliable.
No. From what I've been told, all data is lost. Understandably this is very frustrating to many of us. Apologies again.

Return to “Council Business”