Gandalf the (email) Sender

Reports & requests which have been resolved are archived here.
kober

Could you please adjust the sender of the emails with PM notifications? Receiving emails from Gandalf is quiet confusing ... I'd rather get them from Elrond, or his Council ;)
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Haha, your post sounds like a joke.

Is this a joke? Or a serious request?

If serious, I don't understand what the confusion is or where the problem lies. Are you receiving non-CoE.org emails from another Gandalf?

You see, Elrond prefers to stay put in Rivendell these days, so he asks Gandalf to deliver messages for him while he roams about the land. =D
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Gwaihir and Radagast are the errand-boys, but I guess making it the Windlord's business could only add more to the confusion.

There are indeed users with Gandalf as nick, however. First time around I also thought it was a Gandalf who pm'd me...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Gwaihir and Radagast are the errand-boys, but I guess making it the Windlord's business could only add more to the confusion.

There are indeed users with Gandalf as nick, however. First time around I also thought it was a Gandalf who pm'd me...
Haha. Well I don't recall seeing any users by the name of Gandalf on the board over the past year or so. Are these users still active?

I'm not inclined to spend any time fixing this "problem" unless it is deemed to be a legitimate concern by a number of people. At which point I will of course look into it if this really is bothering people.

Once you know that forum notifications come from "Gandalf", doesn't that solve the problem right there?
kober

Despite the humorous tone, this was meant to be a serious request. It would make sense (at least to me) if those notification emails were sent by "CoE forum", as it had been set up in the past. Also, this should be a quick fix, I'd think.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

kober wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 pm Despite the humorous tone, this was meant to be a serious request. It would make sense (at least to me) if those notification emails were sent by "CoE forum", as it had been set up in the past. Also, this should be a quick fix, I'd think.
I value your feedback, and as I'm sure you would agree, I have promptly fixed/addressed a number of issues you have brought up in the past. I'm not going to fix/change this one at this time. I hope you can understand. It doesn't seem to create any real problem to me and seems to be purely a personal preference.

I am going to now move this thread to the Resolved Reports / Requests forum. If additional forum members have an issue with this topic, I would appreciate them posting in the future to this thread at which point it can be re-opened and discussed further.

Thanks for your understanding.

Return to “Resolved Reports / Requests”