Problem with connection

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Same problem here. I realized it yesterday. Probably the server needs a new year's update.
Interesting, however, that one of my *.bat files has the entry --server 199.91.172.122 instead of --server gccg.councilofelrond.org. With that*.bat file I still can connect.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

I just emailed Josh,
Hi Josh,
Happy New Year to you and your family, hopefully the Holidays were relaxing
Sry to bother you so early in the year but many players cannot seem to connect to our gccg server ATM, seems it got update somehow, though I can still connect, also SVN does not allow for an update (metw folder cannot be reached) so I suspect it is due to the same problem,
also server tables are still not running the correct order of sets, which is kind of cumbersome during the tourney we are running,
yours Nicolai
Mordakai
Council Member

Thanks!
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
donepi

its easy to solve, it seems that the server cant be currently resolved, so u must specify it. In the bat files you should add a flag for the server, just like this:

start %CLIENT% --server 199.91.172.122 --design 1024x768 --user %USER% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 metw.xml

And tadaaaaaaa!
Mordakai
Council Member

Great, thanks!!!
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Makinal

thanks a lot
montonye1

So I'm really new to this and am having the same problem. I am not sure how to add this flag for the server. Could you explain in more detail how to go about this for the computer illiterate?
donepi

Right button on the .bat file you click to execute the program and edit it with any text editor. The last line of the file will look like something as I wrote. Just ensure it is EXACTLY as I wrote, due to probably it will have a name server instead of a IP adress.
gollum51

Thanks.
I had not been back to gccg since Christmas and had not realised that I had the problem too.
Hellgie

i can connect, but i cannot load images :(
any ideas ??

thx
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

that is why you should use SVN installation, try using metwDC.bat file from SVN checkout, then do a /clearcache & /refresh command

Return to “GCCG”