New metw SVN server needed, among other things

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi all,

as I found myself with some spare time on my hand I like to adress some issues that need solving...

1st) Wigy (Tommi Ronkainnen) dutifully has help us with his server spaces over the years, though he cannot grand us more server space in the future.

So if we cannot find a new space for a new maybe even separate server for all MECCG needs, all the development if basically put on hold.

In case no one can be found to be willing to grant us the server space we need (right now metw folder is 983 MB so almost 1 GB), I among other are willing to donate some money to set up a server for sure, but I have no clue what is needed and how to operate one.

It took us 10 years to fill this 1 GB up, so it will take us at least 5 more to reach 2 GB, but I have no clue which sizes are needed, as the actually problem for size is the backups that are done (daily for most servers), but 1 x a month would be way good for us I say.

2nd) We need more programmers for GCCG & MSE plugins, .... well that says it all really ;)

again, I know little of either, Karmi, Marcos, Alex know more for MSE and we need a some add ons and a working DC/VC/CP plugin to go with MSE 2.0

GCCG needs all kind of fixes not sure where to start there, for me legality checks for all DC stuff would be awesome, as it would help others with their deck building,
..but fixing the cards in collection /sales / and user issues is proberbly more pressing . . .

for these things many of the old school players are willing to either donate prizes / goodies to get some dudes to help us out here

please go on with what you believe is needed for a healthy GCCG for the next 5-10 years?!
Mordakai
Council Member

Well, here is my opinion: we need GCCG running. It's the only way to rapid playtest decks and also and over all, the only online way to play it, which means more or less the only way for me to play nowadays. Even when I go to my friends' houses, I carry the laptop with me to play, not the cards, it's easier and faster.
Unfortunately, I'm no more than a rookie programmer and I don't have a lot of spare time nowadays, but I'm willing to play a piece of the internet-hosting cake if noone can lend us a free place to have it.
Regarding MSE, I've made some changes to templates to adjust them to my needs, but again, as a rookie programmer in a try-and-fail basis. I'm also not very tempted with VC or DC, so, to sum up, count on me if there is need to pay to keep GCCG online, the most people, the less the fee. On the rest, sorry guys.

Mordakai
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I've got the new svn server covered. Setting it up now.
Sam.Gamdschie

If you need some further webserver resources, I've got a root server running in Düsseldorf, Germany which is yet not under too much traffic. I'm quite busy right now, but I will help you if needed.
In case, please send a PM.
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Those of you with commit privileges to the metw SVN repository should have received your new credentials through a PM. Let me know if you have any issues with them.
page

Hello Middle-Earthlings,

I just came back to the meccg world after many years, and found out about gccg+metw. After some digging I found that the whole project looks quite dead: the ml has no posts, the forums neither, and the few people on the irc channel don't answer. However, there are recent commits in svn (related to rules, not gccg itself).

Later I found this (not so recent) post asking for help, so I'm writing here in the hopes I get some feedback as to how the few people still active communicate. I might give a hand in coding but don't want to step on anybody's toes.
page

Sorry, I posted a duplicate because I got a mysql error while posting. Can't remove it so I'm editing it.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

send a PM, not dead at all

Return to “GCCG”