Create your own MeCCG cards with MSE plugin

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
karmi

Create your own MeCCG cards with MSE plugin

With this plug-in for Magic Set Editor 2, anyone can create rather authentic looking Middle-earth CCG card images in just a few moments. The plug-in contains a regular template for MeCCG cards, as well as templates for Dream Cards and Virtual Cards.

Installation:
  • Download MSE and install it.
  • Download the plug-in and uncompress it.
  • Copy the fonts from \meccg-fonts folder to c:\windows\fonts or wherever your computer put its fonts.
  • Copy all other meccg-folders to c:\Program Files\Magic Set Editor 2\data (modify the path correspondingly if you chose to install MSE elsewhere).
Creating cards:
  1. Click on Add Card (at the right of the top toolbar)
  2. Click on the card frame (anywhere that is not within a dotted field) and change the card type to what you want.
  3. Fill in the fields bordered by dotted lines.
  4. Some fields do not show the appropriate icons until you type something in them (Mind, Influence, Sp etc.)
  5. You can transform letters [dDsSbBfFHKRwc] to region and site symbols ( [-me_wi-] [-me_ha-] )from Format->Insert Symbol menu, or with Ctrl+M (where applicable, DC template has additional symbols, which you can find from the menu).
  6. MeCCG cards do not show rarity, but you can define it anyway by clicking the invisible field below the "Set" field on the bottom right.
  7. You can select the fields you want to see in the card list (on the right) from the menu: Cards -> Card List Columns…
  8. Edit the details of your set from “Set info” tab.
  9. Save your set (File -> Save)
  10. Export it as individual JPEGs or as xml (GCCG-compatible)
Current issues:
  • Lithos font does not have a “+” sign.
  • Card title font is not the absolute correct one.
  • Export xml template is out of date with all the new DC additions.
  • Xml is exported with wrong encoding (Solution: open with Notepad and Save as… with ANSI encoding before using with GCCG).
  • Got more?
  • marcos (VC template)
  • Skafger and IhsanShade (DC template)
  • Adanedhel and VastorPer (ideas and QA)
Ring of Healing.jpg
Ring of Healing.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 22423 times
Dunadan Mariner.jpg
Dunadan Mariner.jpg (44.29 KiB) Viewed 22423 times
Dwar of Waw.jpg
Dwar of Waw.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 22423 times
Last edited by karmi on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marcos
Council Member

we are still missing the horizontal region frame
Wolverine

Ummm, UBER cool!

I have been so darn busy, but a quick note to whomever is reading this... I am a new MECCG player, tried to get into the game in 2003 but had no money and the player pool was nil here in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. Since it has grown to a collective die-hards and I have dropped the big fat investment in obtaining a great collection!

I am VERY excited to see that there is hopes for "Virtual" sets much to the likes of Star Wars (Decipher's) fan base, The Players Commitee (www.swccgpc.com) to which is the other major CCG game I have invested / play in.

Hope to be posting here soon all the time and perhaps volunteering where I can!
daedel

One probably silly question...

I have been able to download and install MSE, but cannot move fonts into windows font directory. I suspect it's because of the format of the font (*.png). Any suggestions?

Regards,

daedel.
karmi

All the fonts are in the subfolder called "/meccg-installation". You are trying to move some other files to windows/fonts.
daedel

You are right. My bad. Thanks a lot for that.
karmi

Added a Jungle icon for DC and DC region templates.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

But where did you put them on download?
karmi

Zip file (in the first post).
karmi

Minor bug fix: do not show the region mask when choosing art for other card types.

Also changed the misleading fonts directory name to "meccg-fonts".
Kjeld

Is it possible to increase the resolution, or even change the file type, when exporting the card image from MSE? Right now, all I can export is a 420 x 590 jpg file, which isn't great for text.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

use the in program print option that will help
Mordakai
Council Member

Once you have all the cards ready, put size to 300% and export them in .PNG format. That will give you a very good resolution
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Kjeld

Mordakai wrote:Once you have all the cards ready, put size to 300% and export them in .PNG format. That will give you a very good resolution
Ah, thanks, that helps!
Mordakai
Council Member

Kjeld wrote:
Mordakai wrote:Once you have all the cards ready, put size to 300% and export them in .PNG format. That will give you a very good resolution
Ah, thanks, that helps!
Anytime :wink:
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”