Broken accounts in GCCG

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I'm starting a new thread so I can track this better. Please post your username in here if you're having a problem with your GCCG account or your GCCG sealed account so I can try and restore it from a backup. I can't guarantee we'll be able to fix every single one, but so far everyone that has reported an issue with their account has worked fine after I restore from a backup.

Thanks!
Mados

I have problems with my count Maados.
Thanks !
Mercenario

Hi, I can´t enter with my account : mercenario.
Thanks in advance !
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Mercenario wrote:Hi, I can´t enter with my account : mercenario.
Thanks in advance !
Fixed - sorry about the delay!
fisilva1
Council Member

Hi

My account is broken in a weird way... when I open GCCG can't see anything: just the background and the name of my current deck
The text area doesn't actualy type anything, and the mouse buttons are dead.

The weird part is that Makinal is connected, and he says that he see me just fine.... but I can't see anyone

Anyone could help me?

Thanks!

Felipe
Makinal

already fixed the issue with fisilva's account
Iluvatar

Seeking wisdom and help to get access to my account: Iluvatar.
After format without proper backup I had to reinstall GCCG and when I enter the game it connects, it tells me:
"Incorrect password!
Maybe someone has already registered player named Iluvatar
Server closed connection
ABNORMAL EXIT!"

Am I in the right discussion to get help for this problem?

Cheers

Eru
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

After quite some time, I recently tried to start GCCG... without success.
I hit the 'Update Everything' file and as far as I can tell, a lot of things were refreshed.
When I start GCCG, I now get the following error massage:
I/O exception at CheckFont(int,int): Unable to load font './graphics/fonts/free/sfd/FreeMonoBold.tff'
Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Timo a.k.a. Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. Gold, Silver and White Mithril Team Leader
shadow and flame

Hi!
I have aproblem with my acoont balrog.
I can`t write a message in my typeline without changeing the gccg window back to Windows desktop and than back to gccg.
Same thing with right click to open a window or with left klick to sellect an command.
I hope you can help me - cheers Mario
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

open your metwDC.bat file with a text editor and add to your last line a design info

see it here:

start %CLIENT% --server gccg.councilofelrond.org --design 1920x1050 --user %USER% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 metwDC.xml

find a pixel x pixel thing that leaves your message line viewable (so I could display 1920x1080 but I reduced the hight by 30 pixel to be able to view my message line again)

yours Nicolai
anonycat

Thrain II wrote:After quite some time, I recently tried to start GCCG... without success.
I hit the 'Update Everything' file and as far as I can tell, a lot of things were refreshed.
When I start GCCG, I now get the following error massage:
I/O exception at CheckFont(int,int): Unable to load font './graphics/fonts/free/sfd/FreeMonoBold.tff'
Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Timo a.k.a. Thrain II
This sounds like a case of the fonts-windows package being deprecated. Get http://gccg.sf.net/downloads/packman.zip, extract it to the GCCG directory, and you should have a Package Manager.bat file. Open it up, then when it gives you a prompt, type "re fonts" and see what happens.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

elguardian account is broken for sure, cannot even do /want elguardian without the server crashing!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

wild1 account is broken for sure, cannot even do /want wild1 without the server crashing!
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I've removed both of those broken accounts now.
anonycat

Vastor Peredhil wrote:open your metwDC.bat file with a text editor and add to your last line a design info

see it here:

start %CLIENT% --server gccg.councilofelrond.org --design 1920x1050 --user %USER% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 metwDC.xml

find a pixel x pixel thing that leaves your message line viewable (so I could display 1920x1080 but I reduced the hight by 30 pixel to be able to view my message line again)

yours Nicolai
On a side note, it's possible to do /set input top and then your text bar will appear at the top of the screen, so you won't have to worry about it getting cut off.

Return to “GCCG”