2009 - 2010 CoE Members

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Hi Folks,

As the next session chair I'm taking it upon myself to get the next session started ASAP.

All those who wish to run for the CoE for the next session please put your name, and brief statement, we'll hold voting in 2 weeks.

Sincerely,

Brian
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Mark Alfano: I would like to represent North America to the CoE this year. I've recently been in touch with Patrick Karcher about buying most/all of his card stock. If this deal goes through, I will send whatever he owes to people who have paid him but not received their cards over the last few years. In addition, I will run a wholesale meccg shop for the good of the community. This summer, I plan to continue working on the NetRep Team, and to push out a draft version of the universal rules. As the most-traveled American player, and one who has organized 1 world tournament, 1 national tournament, and helped organize a second world tournament, I believe I am fully qualified to remain a member of the CoE.
http://www.alfanos.org
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

No one else wants to run?
Sfan
Ex Council Member

I do!
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Dear chairman, dear community,

actually I didnt plan this but if no one with a better qualification than me is willing to apply for a seat in the Council of Elrond I would be glad and honoured to give something back to the community.

I am playing MECCG since 1996 and I am still loving it as on the first day. I try to show up at tournaments as much as I can. If you want to meet me IRL come to Lure, German Nationals or Suisse Nationals. Also I am a passionated online player. You can find me on GCCG a lot (nick: Peregrin).

As I am a communicative person I have good contacts to a lot of players all over the world. Especially in Germany I should be well known. I also know most of the former CoE members and imagine the cooperation with them as highly constructive.

With a seat in the Council my main ambition would be a better representation of the online community. Advancing the accessibility to GCCG (installing guidance, tutorials, manuals) would be one of the major issues. Increasing the awareness of the community for the great possibility of online gaming as well. I am thinking of live tutorials at the main events and other promotions.

Sincerely,

Martin aka "Peregrin"
Last edited by Alter Tuk on Mon May 11, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi all,

most guys know that I am busy with dream card work, until I can see light at the end of the tunnel, I wouldn't qualify timewise, unless we a short of members, I would not run for a seat

mfg Nicolai aka Vastor Peredhil (GCCG VastorPer)
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I will run as well.

Iam Bert Claessen, current CoE member and main organiser of worlds 08 in Belgium. I am an avid player absing lopholes but wanting to close them as well, trying to keep the game nice and fun.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nknma
Ex Council Member

Hello everyone!

I will run too. I've been collecting MECCG since it was first published here in Finland and playing regularly since early 2000's. As a player I'm more into themed decks and cool play than ultracheeze. Most of you propably know me better by my GCCG-nick Tomppa.

So far my effort for the community has been limited to moderating the meccg.net board, but I feel I have bit more to give. I would like to concentrate on getting new (and returning old) players to the game and to GCCG.

Tomi "Tomppa" Kareinen
Last edited by Nknma on Tue May 12, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

here is another candidate:

I am Wolfgang Penetsdorfer from Austria, a COE member since 03 – and I hope this continues.
My main goals are:
- Lure of MECCG, the worlds biggest annual MECCG event (www.lureofmeccg.org). 10th anniversary is coming!
- running an MECCG-specific online shop at www.eaglecard.org
- I try to connect MECCG players alo ver the world. Therefore I am keeping playerlists from all countries. And I plan to improve the COE players directory.
- I want to be part of a program, that attract new players. Creating beginner decks and making them available for free is the plan.
- the COE started to raise some funds and hand out prizes and support to COE approved tournaments. Also here I would like to play an active role.

That’s what I am standing for. Thanks for confidence!

Wolfgang Penetsdorfer
Last edited by thorondor on Fri May 22, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balin
Ex Council Member

Hi there,

this is Agustin Lozano, aka AgusBalin at GCCG. I started to play our great game in the 90's, though I quitted playing for a few years till summer of 2005, when my old friend Manuel Cabezali persuaded me to play at Spanish Nationals that year. I am an active player since then, both online and IRL. I was at Lure 06 and at Worlds 06, 07 and 08. I helped to organize last Europeans in Madrid.

I like both competitive and casual play, e.g. I designed a scenario based on 'The Hobbit' to be played at Europeans, where we had lots of fun. I also wrote an article about MECCG which was published in a Spanish cardgames magazine last year.

I'm a current CoE member, so this is my second candidacy. Finally, as a member of Spanish Council of Rivendell, I believe it would be nice to have someone representing my country in CoE since Spanish players are very active players at the moment.

Thanks,
Agustin Lozano.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
marcos
Council Member

Hello

It's the first time i run for voting. I've been playing this game since the 90's. I've practically grown up with it because i've been playing since i am 11 years old. I did my best trying to keep the game alive in my country by being one of the representatives of the national council. I also organized 2 national tourneys, 1 sealed and some minor local events.

As an "international" member of the MECCG comunity i started doing some trades with foreign players with the help of GAB white mithril team, Chris Cable's page and the spanish forum. When i discovered GCCG i became an active online player and improved a lot my knowledge about MECCG. I participated in 3 Nations cup, 2 GCCG championships and most of the minor tourneys, i also organized the first Virtual tourney at GCCG and i'm one of the main guys in charge of the virtual cards development; after the absence of Joe for a long period in the dev forum and Jambo being away for personal matters, i've put in my hands most of the job you see now available at GCCG (svn).

As a member of the CoE, i'd like to promote the game in all their ways (online, offline, diferent formats, etc) by doing everything i can. I am more than willing to run worlds in Argentina at some time as it seems that is the only way for south-american people to participate in an offline big event.

I also know something about the rules so i can be of help on rules questions and such matters.

best regards!
Marcos Cáceres aka "marcos"
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

greetings all meccg players

I would also like to present myself as a candidate for the Council. I have been an active player for about a decade, and I am quite involved in several projects, trying to renew the game, diversify it, and keep people enthausiastic about it. These include designing, discussing and testing Virtual cards and Dreamcards, and co-designing the Arda Game.

As this involvement is already quite intensive, I have always thought it best to leave the 'governing' part to others. But I enter now at special request, and I think it is fair to do my part here also, after so many years of letting others take the heat.

As CoE member I would not be hesitant to initiate or support some real changes in the game, if these would keep more people interested and/or fall in love with the game of course. I think the Council is ready for this, as the newly proposed proxy rule demonstrates.

With your support we can keep this game going strong for decades to come!
thank you

Eric Dane aka Thorsten the Traveller
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

another candidate is ted badiuk. he is on vacation right now and has no means to enter the forum, but he told me about his intention. he will give us more infos when he returns.

@josh: are there some more not listed here in this thread, that have contacted you personally?
tbadiuk

Hello!

My name is Ted Badiuk and I have been involved in collecting and trading MECCG with fellow collectors around the world for the better part of 13 years. In fact, I still remember getting a copy of The One Ring in the box of limited boosters that I pre-ordered in 1995! :) It's funny how fast time goes. I hope one day to get into playing MECCG online as well.

I would be happy to help out with the CoE (including filling a seat) in any way I can. I have been trying to unite the trading community now that Chris Cable's site appears inactive with small success.

PS: Mark Alfano: Does that include purchases from 7-8 years ago? :lol: Patrick never sent me all my Spanish MELE fixed.

Thanks,
Ted

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”