New hero scenario: the treason of Isengard

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

gollum51

I am interested in a scenario on the events from the Two towers. Here is my starting idea:

DR: The starting company may only contain men, dunadan, Merry, Pippin and a maximum of one elf and one dwarf.
WR: the following conditions are sequentially met:
1. an army must first be mustered to defend Rohan (a non-animal faction is successfully played within 3 regions of Gap of Isen)
2. the invasion of Rohan is then stopped by the heroes and their army (whilst the faction is still in play, a company plays a major item battlegear at the glittering caves. A the end of the site phase, the company must contain at least 3 heroes, each one them with prowess of at least x)
3. Saruman is expelled from Isengard (2 ents allies and/or factions are in play when a company controlling at least one ent ally successfully plays Rebuild the town in Isengard. Rebuid the town is still in play at the end of the game).

Please post your comments on theme, your suggestions and any possible issues.
Thanks.
Hervé
Darksatin

I have made some modifications :

DR : Saruman cannot be played as your Wizard. Only the following characters may be played : Merry, Pippin, Legolas, Gimli, men characters, and dunadan characters.

WR : the following conditions are sequentially met :
1) an army must first be mustered to defend Rohan : a man faction or a dunadan faction is successfully played within 3 regions of Rohan.

2) the invasion of Rohan is then stopped by the heroes and their army : whilst the faction is still in play, a company plays a major item battlegear (shield, armor or weapon) at The Glittering Caves or The Gem-deeps. A the end of the site phase, this company must contain at least 3 characters, each of them with a normal prowess of at least 5.

3) Saruman is expelled from Isengard : as the Ents of Fangorn faction is in play, a company without a Wizard, with Merry or Pippin controlling at least one Ent ally, successfully plays Rebuild the Town in Isengard. Rebuild the town is still in play at the end of the game.

The sequential conditions are an interesting idea. But I think that the scenario is too easy.
May be find something else for the second condition ?
gollum51

I agree.
What about "3 characters with min normal prowess 5 and possessing each a battlegear major or greater item"?
Darksatin

gollum51 wrote:I agree.
What about "3 characters with min normal prowess 5 and possessing each a battlegear major or greater item"?
It is already better.

Remark : helmets are also battlegear.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

A scenario with Ents is always cool !
Check DC card MeTI Hew the Stone.
Attachments
Hew the Stone.jpg
Hew the Stone.jpg (64.5 KiB) Viewed 10710 times
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Mordakai
Council Member

What about forcing Pippin to steal the Palantir of Orthanc?
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Darksatin

I have updated my proposal :

DR : Saruman cannot be played as your Wizard. Only the following characters may be played : Merry, Pippin, Legolas, Gimli, men characters, and dunadan characters.

1) an army must first be mustered to defend Rohan : a man faction or a dunadan faction is successfully played within 3 regions of Rohan.

2. the invasion of Rohan is then stopped by the heroes and their army : whilst a faction fulfilling the condition 1 is in play under your control, a company plays a major item battlegear at The Glittering Caves or The Gem-deeps. A the end of the site phase, this company must contain at least 3 characters, each of them with a normal prowess of at least 5, and possessing each a non minor battlegear item.

3 : Saruman is expelled from Isengard : as the Ents of Fangorn faction is in play under your control, a company without a Wizard, with Merry or Pippin controlling at least one Ent ally, successfully plays Rebuild the Town in Isengard. Rebuild the Town is still in play at the end of the game.

Remarks : for this scenario, the battlegear items are :
- shields : Enruned Shield, Great Shied of Rohan
- armors : Belegennon, Habergeon of Silver, Hauberk of Bright Mail, The Mithril Coat
- helmet : Dragon-helm
- (non-bow) weapons : Aiglos, Durin’s Axe, Glamdring, Narsil, Orcrist, Ringil, Sword of Gondolin, Valiant Sword, Wormsbane, Zwergenaxt (Dwarven Axe)
Arkhorail

This is a long game scenario and I think it's difficult.

First you need something special to play the ents as faction & allies.
Second playing 3 items, ok.
Before that you need to play another faction ... what if you don't draw it ?

Sequential play is interesting in a game format where you don't need to draw a specific card.
This scenario is interesting, but if you can play Rangers of Ithilien, what's the story ?
Don't think we need to keep the first condition.

Like the initial idea, but the conception is somehow flawed.
Sam.Gamdschie

Hi All,

the idea of sequential play is quite charming, but already for some scenarios this is needed (Gollum's fate) although not explicitly mentioned.
And sequential play relies heavily on the chance of drawing the cards in the needed order. I would try to minimise the number of sequences here and thus delete the first point. Instead you could integrate this into the DR: Only dunadan or men faction playable within 3 regions of Rohan or the Ents of Fangorn may be played (as faction).
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017, user Logain wrote:
Logain wrote:
Arkhorail wrote: Before that you need to play another faction ... what if you don't draw it ?
Put 2 of them in the deck ?

---

Scenarios with actions to play in sequence are what i propose with mission / quest cards, a card you can flip with text on both sides.

My take on it :

DR : Saruman cannot be played as your Wizard.
Only the following characters may be played : Merry, Pippin, Legolas, Gimli, men characters, and dunadan characters.
At least one character must have home site Edoras.

Specific scenario rules.
* Battlegear items are :
- shields : Enruned Shield, Great Shied of Rohan
- armors : Belegennon, Habergeon of Silver, Hauberk of Bright Mail, The Mithril Coat
- helmet : Dragon-helm
- (non-bow) weapons : Aiglos, Durin’s Axe, Glamdring, Narsil, Orcrist, Ringil, Sword of Gondolin, Valiant Sword, Wormsbane, Zwergenaxt (Dwarven Axe)
* You may play "Rebuild the Town" at "The Gem Deeps" if at least one of the following factions is in play : "Dunlendings", "Rohirrims", "Woses of Anorien", "Men of Anorien", "Tower Guard of Minas Tirith".

1) Defend Rohan !
A company with at least 3 characters, at least one of them having home site Edoras, plays "Rebuild the Town" at "Glittering Caves" and at "the Gem Deeps".
At least three of those characters must bear a battle gear item or an ally.

2) Banish Saruman !
A company with "Merry" and / or "Pippin", one of them controlling at least one Ent ally, successfully plays "Rebuild the Town" in "Isengard" while "The Ents of Fangorn" faction are in play. If "Saruman" is in play as a wizard when the Palantir is played, he makes a corruption check.

At the end of the game either "Rebuild the Town" is still in play on "Isengard", or one of your character bears the "Palantir of Orthanc".

Needed ressources :

"The Ents of Fangorn",
1 (preferably more) Ent ally,
Fireworks or finish your deck before fetching the second,
3x "Rebuild the Town",
3 (preferably more) battlegear items or allies allowed to enter under deeps,
1 faction (preferably more to avoid getting stuck) among the following : "Dunlendings", "Rohirrims", "Woses of Anorien", "Men of Anorien", "Tower Guard of Minas Tirith".
This post has been re-created due to lost data and was originally posted by the author quoted above.

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”