worlds 2013 - Barcelona

cram
Ex Council Member

Well,
Once more I present my candidature to play World's in Barcelona. I have seen many proposals to play it in America, but at least it would be good to offer a European chance.
It was a pity that last year there was no World's, I purposed it, but when I got the answer it was too late. I have to book the site to play it at least 4-5 months before.
In our Spanish Nats last year, a lot of Spanish players asked me to organize a tournament this year in Barcelona, and even having our nats on June, I could confirm that more than 15 Spanish players would attend at this event.
It is important to begin to work with this soon. As community is not very active at the moment and we need to recruit again old and lazy players, and invite to all new players and collectors who came back to game thanks to the Movie, that our community is still strong, and wants to keep playing this tournament until the end of times.
In my side, I don't need any prize support, stuff available for any kind of secondary tournament, and can offer good propaganda about the game in my website, which has been visited per more than 500 Meccg players/collectors in last and unique 5 months it has been working.
The site is comfortable and not expensive for playing (similar than Lure, but not so nice views), and quite good communications from 2 airports, Barcelona and Girona (low cost).
I have already booked the site to run an Spanish MECCG meeting on September 22nd, as I was asked by the Spanish community, and of course it would be a pleasure for us all to meet there international players and become a World Event.
So let's talk about World's, possibilities, and the way to proceed and begin to work with any of the proposals.
majagua_the_necromancer

cram,

from my end i would encourage the worlds at barcelona this year. I was the organizer for the event to be held at Colombia, and even though I know i can get at least 20 local players to participate, the organization of the event is turning difficult for me. I am currently pursuing my doctoral degree and I am residing in the USA, so its hard for me to organize the event and travel at the time that seemed to be more suitable for the international players to go (late august). Thus, sadly, I think that we will have to decline Worlds at Colombia 13.

:(
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

having worlds in barcelona is a complete safe bet. marc is very expereinced and dedicated, the facilities are known (and approved), barcelona is definately worth a visit and quite easy to reach, there is a big active community in spain ...
so i am nothing but in favor of having worlds in barcelona.
domse
Ex Council Member

I support Marc's proposal for all the reasons Wolfgang mentioned. Let the games begin!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

The Council has agreed, and granted Spain the meccg World Championships 2013.

Can you inform us of your plans Marc, When You Know More?
then at that time we'll announce it in a newsletter as well.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
cram
Ex Council Member

It seems That Barcelona is Ok for most of you, so I am very glad for all this support.

It's not my first time with World's so I hope it won't be difficult to organize it.
date: September 20-22nd
Site is the same than other years:
www.maristes.cat
It's located in Llinars del Valles, about 40 km from Barcelona and 50 km from Girona (low Cost Airport).
The best with the site is that is similar to Lure. It offers all commodities, but it is a little bit expensive.
Two complete days with 2 breakfasts, lunchs, dinners and sleeping per 74,50€
of course if anyone preffers to stay in a hotel or to eat by his own there is no problem. This is simply a comfortable option.

We have swimming-pool (not sure if it will work those dates).

Extra. - just for World's Players, 10 € fee for inscription. All this money will be used to purchase the one ring and minor prizes for secondary tournaments.

I'll begin to work in a website for this event. Hope to have it in a couple of weeks, I can link it to CoE Forum, the Spanish one and at my shop. I have already created a lot of interest with World's, I just hope to get a nice number of players which allow us to have fun and nice games.

Don't doubt to contact me for any question, please.
cram
Ex Council Member

Well, it seems everybody is ok with this matter, so if there are no objections I'll announce it as official in both forums, the Spanish and this one.

Please, make me know as soon as possible if anyone would like to chage his mind.

Thanks a lot for your support, I am really happy to get it again!
Marc
alizah

i am happy to see this support
adina

Return to “Council Business - Worlds”