Worlds 2023 Info Thread

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
Goblin King

I’ve learned of at least one player traveling from Europe to Worlds 2023! I'm very happy to hear this! Here's some information for others (International or national) about traveling from San Francisco International Airport to Sacramento by trains. It is very simple and not very expensive either!

First, the light train system in San Francisco is called BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). There is a train stop at the Airport! Ask Information for directions to the train station or follow the signs that lead there.
Once you find the train station, you want to take the RED LINE which is heading to Richmond, California.
You will see on the map in this link that the airport (SFO) is at one end of the Red Line and Richmond is at the other end. https://www.bart.gov/schedules
When you get off at the Richmond station, it is located next to the AmTrack rail station. You will be switching from a light train to a very large train — Amtrak. Inside the Richmond station for Amtrak they can sell you a ticket to Sacramento. There are people there until 1700 hours at the Transit Information Center and they also have 2 ticket Kiosk machines for after hours.
There are trains departing from Richmond to Sacramento hourly from 1400 to 1730. You should be able to catch one of them easily.

Once you get to Sacramento train depot, you can again jump on the Light Rail train and, if you go to the 13th Street stop, you will get off the train right next to the There & Back Cafe!
Let me know if there's anything else I can be helpful with in these last two weeks before the Tournament.
Heed the Call! Muster for Middle Earth!
Goblin King

Return to “Worlds”