Worlds 2015 in Llinars (Barcelona) September 11-13th

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
cram
Ex Council Member

And here we are again.

The event will take place in a small location called Llinars, located half way between Barcelona and Girona (low cost) airports. Most of you have been there before, but here is a Catalan link with how to arrive:
http://www.maristes.cat/mogent/index.ph ... robem.html

The site is nice, is the same used for Worlds in 2009 and 2013. We have all commodities, so we can play, eat and sleep at the same building. Even if we have good weather have a swimming pool. Staying at the site costs 75€. This includes Dinner and sleeping on Friday and Saturday, and Breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone preffers to stay on its own in a nearby hotel there is no problem, this is simply an option.
Same way if anyone will attend with his family and is planning to leave during day and loosing any meal make me know too, there will be some discounts on the final price.

We will play all the usual tournaments :
Friday evening .- Hero only one-deck
Saturday .- General oponent and Drinking Game (at night)
Sunday .- Sealed and Worlds Finals
Inscription just for Worlds is 10€, which will go to prizes for all tournaments and participants.

There is no problem to add many more secondary tournaments, we simply need people to play it, simply suggest and it will be done.
Next days I'll add some more information, such as the timetable, participants list, how to arrive and many more...

Inscription has begun. Anyone interested to participate in this event write me a pm to info@mathom.es or cramroca@yahoo.com, to ask for more info or simply to book a room. Rooms for 2-4 people.
You can pay at the same site, there is no problem, but it is important that if someone inscribed will finally not be able to attend, to make me know as soon as possible.

This year we also have other players at the site. First Spanish LOTR LCG event will take place at the same site, also a side event for Board Game players, more than 200 free games available and tournaments for other interesting games, so if you want to take any friends or family they are very wellcome.

We Want You!
Smaug

Hi Marc,
count me in as always.
I will book a flight for Friday. Hopefully I will get a late plane on Sunday, because would be hard to have holidays on Monday :-(.

Saludos

Heiner
Muad'Dib

Please write some info..couldnt be there but at least want to know the results..was thinking about Llinars since thursday:( really regret i couldnt play with you..
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Smaug

Hi Pawel,

even it is not me to report the results as far as I know:

1. Marc Alfano (Fallen radagast; Master of Shapes; deck designed by me)
2. Kike (Balrog Burner (I guess a deck you designed?!)
3. Jordi (Hero)
4. Josesan (Fallen Gandalf)
5. me, not making the final for the second time in the last 8 years, due to a weird 6-0 defeat in round 3 of the semi final, the 3 other matches I won 5-1 each.

Cheers

Heiner
Muad'Dib

@ Heiner,

Thanks for short report. Waiting for other posts from Mark or Marc maybe (Wolfgang if was there?) ;) You are getting old, lost your killer instinct ;) And cograts for Mark, it seems Llinars is good place for him ;)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Smaug

May be ;-), but at least I won the minion sealed and if I would have got a last turn (what is very normal with 17 minutes to go) I would probably as well reached the final 4 again!!!
Smaug

... But now I stop complaining, at the end you never know what would have happened and on top nobody is perfect ;-).

Instead some notes about the World Champion deck played by Mark (as already said it was a deck designed by me):

The main idea of the deck is to send powerful Radagast (with Master of shapes) to wellinghall and play the ents and the animal Factions there (with the help of his bird).
Because the first move is dangerous for him (dark domain, Nazgul attacks) 6 power enhancers are included in the deck (2 risky blow, 2 bold trust, 2 shifted strokes) making him really strong. Once in Wellinghall he has to fear next to nothing.
The starting company is primarily there for gathering kill points (second use of the enhancers), snapping 1 or two saplings at a ruins and layers and playing the white tree with wizards troves at the white towers. At the ruins and layers as well the barrow blade is playable as backup item.
2 short rest and 2 dark tryst make the deck pretty fast, especially because in case the starting company split from 3 to 5 companies.
Normally in turn 1 I will go with one character to Wellinghall if I draw not radi, but I did not see Mark playing it like that.
This deck is pretty difficult to play because it has not to many marshalling points and sideboard cards (white tree, stage cards, wizard untappers) have to be bring in cleverly and timely, it is a champion ship deck only successfully playable by champoins I guess ;-).

I will post the complet deck list when I find the time, nevertheless based on the infos above you should be able to build the deck (keeping on top in mind that woose and animal factions give full points for radi and that tom of course is always good to play ;-).

Against the right deck this deck can on top go hunting mionions with the tiger and the ents, or after regiments of crow hero companies ;-).
This is not the normal way you play it but could be an intersting alternative in special situations ;-).

Cheers

Heiner
panotxa

Thanks for summing it up (hope you upload the deck no matter you have explained the highlights yet :) )
cram
Ex Council Member

After 10 days sleeping, here the results of the tournaments

Hero Only
Sorry - 15 ptos
Kodi - 14 ptos
Heiner - 13 ptos
Serra - 13 ptos
Guzman - 12 ptos
Mados - 9 ptos
Manu - 9 ptos
Pesudo - 9 ptos
Quinta - 8 ptos
Raúl - 6 ptos
Bandini - 5 ptos
Cuñao - 5 ptos
Temujin - 4 ptos
Sauloth - 1 ptos

Minion Sealed
Heiner - 15 ptos
Jose San - 13 ptos
Manu - 13 ptos
Mados - 9 ptos
Imanol - 9 ptos
Cram - 7 ptos
Guzman - 6 ptos
Álvaro - 4 ptos
Neldoreth - 2 ptos
Alty - 0 ptos

Hero Sealed
Pesudo - 14 ptos
Mados - 13 ptos
Alty - 12 ptos
Imanol - 12 ptos
Quinta - 8 ptos
Kodi - 8 ptos
Serra - 6 ptos
Toni - 6 ptos
Jordi - 4 ptos
Temujin - 2 ptos
Cuñao -0 ptos

World's (Clasificatorio)
Kike - 21 ptos
Alfano - 19 ptos
Sorry - 18 ptos
Jose San - 16 ptos
Heiner - 15 ptos
Alty - 14 ptos
Quinta - 14 ptos
Kodi - 14 ptos
Temujin - 13 ptos
Imanol - 13 ptos
Guzman - 12 ptos
Bandini - 9 ptos
Serra - 7 ptos
Toni - 7 ptos
Mados - 5 ptos
Alvaro - 0 ptos

Final
Alfano - 12 ptos
Kike - 10 ptos
Sorry - 9 ptos
Jose San - 5 ptos

Main Tournament (Drinking Game)
Sorry - 17 ptos
Cram - 16 ptos
Alti - 12 ptos
Codi - 11 ptos
Pesudo - 11 ptos
Mados - 10 ptos
Guzman - 10 ptos
Alvaro - 10 ptos
Oscar - 9 ptos
Neldoreth - 8 ptos
Alfano - 8 ptos
Heiner - 7 ptos
Bandini - 6 ptos
Quinta - 6 ptos
Manu - 6 ptos
Serra - 5 ptos
Felix - 2 ptos
Charly - 0 ptos

Once more, thanks to all players, we have had a nice weekend, and hope to repeat it soon
Some pictures already at FB, due to censure the best ones are not there (sorry).
https://www.facebook.com/mathom.store

26 MECCG players in different tournaments, more players in DG than general oponent. Spain is Different!!!

Congratulations to Mark to win a net Championship, Sorry and Kike for being always at the top, and Jose San to arrive to the Finals.

See u at Lure!!!
Mordakai
Council Member

Nice to see so many players once again in Llinars. I hope you had an incredible weekend there, it seems so... I wasn't able to attend this year (I'm outside Spain right now), so regret missing so many good people I met in last Barcelona Worlds in 2013.
Congratulations to Mark for the Championship and also to Sorry for the Drinking Game. I'd love to see some photos here, as facebook is not accessible for me right now (don't ask).
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...

Return to “Worlds”