Updating Magic Set Editor (Completed!)

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

Darksatin

Hello !
Any news ? :)
USMCgeek

I am currently still stuck while attempting to get the Windows version successfully compiled. I haven't had success yet with it. I have been looking for someone that has more experience with cross compiling for Windows on Linux. Almost all of the art templates and styles are completed - so as soon as I can get a Windows release compiled I will release it.
Altymira

Is there any place to download the awesome remastered template? It looks great!!
bosquet

Yeah! that would be great! Can't wait to see them all! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
USMCgeek

Still haven't been able to get the Windows application successfully compiled. I'm trying to figure out what is wrong, but it is slow going. If you were to use the sets in the existing MsE - it would still give you the output you are used to. It works on Linux with just a couple of bugs - but the goal is to get it going in Windows. Unfortunately, I am not the most experienced software developer, so I have to work on solving the problems a little at a time, while I learn.....it's certainly a slow process at this point, but I am still working on figuring it out - and finding a more experienced person to possibly help with compiling it for Windows.
Germanico

Hi there!
Any updates?

Thanks for your effort
USMCgeek

Okie Dokie - It's all set and working on 64 bit Windows. You can download it below.

All the needed style files and fonts are in my repo at: https://github.com/usmcgeek/mer
*They are under \Resources\meccgseteditor_windows\

I only did the basic changes on this one. So it supports 300dpi exports for all image formats. I updated the icons and such to differentiate from normal Magic Set Editor - as they have stated they aren't interested in high-res support.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/meccgseteditor/

With that - I'm glad to say this is all done (FINALLY!)
CDavis7M

Amazing work! Thanks for all your effort. I downloaded the card styles subdirectory without svn by using http://kinolien.github.io/gitzip/ instead, to get a zip file. I logged in to get the token first. And I was able to create a 300DPI test card (stage ally, why not) using the win64 / MECCGseteditor_custom executable. Sweet.

Though I did run into an issue with the existing MSE sets (ATS, DM, etc). The console gives: file note found: 'local_image_file("picture80")' in package 'C:\...\Dark Minions.mse-set'
USMCgeek

hmmm, try again. I just opened each to check and saved into the repo.
CDavis7M

USMCgeek wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:13 am hmmm, try again. I just opened each to check and saved into the repo.
Thank you. These new MSE set file work fine. I tried and opened them all with success.

Are you looking for help finishing MELE?
USMCgeek

I'll look at moving things over to get that setup.

Also - I do make frequent changes to my data files for the sets (Style sheets and graphics). It would probably be best to sync the whole repo so you can easily get the updates. I just added an updated set style for DreamCards to include the DC icon on the frames, and I updated the Minion/Hero Site template, as I had it backwards. I'll be doing more work to add the different avatar frames for Dwarf Lords and Elf Lords as well - as I currently have just the 1 style each for them.
Kjeld

Amazing work, thank you!
USMCgeek

Just did a revamp of the game and style files.
*Added spell check - with support for French, German, and Spanish libraries as well
*Added a large amount of replace functions to auto correct words (nazgul to Nazgûl and such)
*Added ability to turn on Automatic card numbering

You want to replace the entire "data" directory.

**Also - I'll upload already done cards again.....spell check really helps highlight errors!
USMCgeek

Several updates to the data and style files. Added custom border colors, promo icons, choice of set icons.

Working on fixing it to where all card types can have Corruption Points/Modifiers added. Working on fixing Challenge deck so that when you select to change the icon to sideboard, the font color updates to white (not working right now).

Also have several card templates to update / improve.
DelZoo

First of all, thanks for you work USMCgeek.
I have a problem, cards show by default "Home site:"
I´m Spanish, the traduction of "Home site:" is "Lugar natal:"
How can I change this text ?
Thanks!

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”