suggestion about an online tourney

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi

are you interested in a tourney with cards from V1 set?

it is a good idea, i am!
73%
no, i hate V1
7%
not sure really...
20%

Total votes: 15
marcos
Council Member

Manuel wrote:I think it's a good idea.

Only one question, though. If you can include both the V1 and the regular version of a card, the limit of 3 for non-unique cards and 1 for unique cards with the same title still apply, right? Or would they be different cards?
Frodo wrote:UNIQUENESS AND NUMBER IN DECK: Of course you are allowed to use the original card titles in your deck even with the Virtual versions. The old versions are not banned at all! However, as always you must obey uniqueness rules. For example, Black Numenoreans (V) is a non-unique faction when using it as a Virtual Card. I can put up to three of it in my deck. However, if I have even one copy of the original Black Numenoreans in my deck, which is unique, I cannot have any copies of the virtual version in my deck. The reason why is because the uniqueness looks for the same card title. This is an important ground rule to understand. If the original version of a cards said “cannot be duplicated,” but the Virtual version does not, such as Nazgul Are Abroad (V), then once I put into play a copy of Nazgul Are Abroad (original) I cannot play the virtual version. Again, the “cannot be duplicated” phrase prohibits the same card title from being played. If I already had a copy or two of Nazgul Are Abroad (V) (virtual) in play, then I could not play Nazgul Are Abroad (original), and neither could my opponent.
this clearly answer your question manu

Fabricio told me he is going to play too, so far:

Marcos
Bert
Manuel
Agus
B_took
Jambo
zara
Fabricio
Frodo

who else? still missing 1 vote
Last edited by marcos on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

me ;)

but I said that about the UEP tourney as well, my I would like to but probably wont have the time, also I must install the programm and get accustomed to it

mfg Nicolai
marcos
Council Member

do i count you in or not?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

So . . . anybody care to hazard a guess which avatar I'll be using? :)
marcos
Council Member

ummm... FW saru? 8)
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:So . . . anybody care to hazard a guess which avatar I'll be using? :)
Uvatha :P
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I was thinking of a Lidless Eye Bag End mission deck, but ran into trouble trying to get my avatar mobile . . . :)
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I'm definitely in as well!

Thanks for organizing this Marcos. I had problems collecting feedback on the Virtual tournament during Worlds 2008 in NYC--that is, collecting "playtesting" feedback; it was clear that everyone playing had a fantastic time! It is my hope that this gccg tourney will provide us with tons of playtesting feedback.

Sorry for disappearing for so long--I got caught up in my somewhat real (other) life. As long as there are players like you guys interested in the game and interested in doing work to help out, great projects like this can continue.

Now if only I could get more newsletter subs...

Frodo
marcos
Council Member

great Joe!!! Now we have to go ahead and finish the vc1 set before the tourney starts ;) we have 2 weeks or so, maybe we can postpone the date 1 or 2 weeks more to get the set finished.

Let's work a bit more :D
Frodo
Ex Council Member

What do we think of using the same V-deck requirements as Worlds 2007 NYC? The post is duplicated below. It's a bit wordy; however, note that simply requiring "5 V-cards" could technically allow a player to put most or all such v-cards in his or her *sideboard*. Plus, different alignments should be able to utilize obvious V-strategies in different ways. The below guidelines were carefully deliberated on. What do we think?
At Worlds 2007, we will host one “Virtual Card Format” tournament. Because we wish to encourage people to make decks that actually use the Virtual cards, we are listing the following minimum requirements for a legal Virtual Card deck (your deck may exceed these requirements). We hope that Tournament Coordinators across the globe will adapt these rules to fit their own Virtual Card Tournaments!

1) Hero/FW Decks: You must have 4 Virtual Card resources in your play deck. In addition, you must have 4 Virtual Cards of any type, in any part of your deck.
2) Minion Decks: You must have 3 Virtual Card resources in your play deck OR attempt to play Snaga (V) in your starting company. In addition, you must have 4 Virtual Cards of any type, in any part of your deck.
3) Balrog Decks: You must have 3 Virtual Card resources in your play deck OR attempt to play Open to the Summons (V) and Baduila in your starting company OR attempt to play Snaga (V) in your starting company. In addition, you must have 4 Virtual Cards of any type, in any part of your deck.
Frodo
marcos
Council Member

it is ok with me
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I'm hesitant about being too limiting. I've got a wonderful Fallen Saruman deck that doesn't really need anything more than the Virtual Never Refuse so that Saruman can actually move -- I don't want to have to crimp a deck just to meet Virtual Quota. I think we can trust most of the participants to be trying out Virtual Strategies simply because they signed up for the thing in the first place. :)
marcos
Council Member

well, i've just built a deck that runs 15 virtual cards 8)

it needs some playtesting... b_took, are you up for a game? hehehe
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I just realized that for Worlds 2007 we actually abandoned the V-deck restrictions I just posted because we decided that B-Took was right! There are too many single cards that can create wonderful V-deck experiences, yet the V-deck itself would be hampered by needing to include "at least 4" more of such cards. Tower Raided (V) comes to mind. Instead, we replaced the whole rule with the line, "Your deck must make significant use of ONE OR MORE Virtual Cards." Does this sound okay to everyone? It did work well in Worlds and left everything up to the player.

I think it's worth thinking about finer restrictions for the future, but right now the stakes are low enough that we should probably focus on *encouraging play* rather than restricting it.

Frodo
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

marcos wrote:well, i've just built a deck that runs 15 virtual cards 8)

it needs some playtesting... b_took, are you up for a game? hehehe
Normally, yes, but I'm going to be out of town this weekend. :(

Return to “GCCG”